Clemence on signings | Vital Football

Clemence on signings

EagerExile

Vital Squad Member
Very interesting comments from Clemence in today's Kent Online.

Already conversations with potential signings and with out-of-contract players who won't be retained. He also says that he's told some players still under contract that they won't be playing much and should probably leave. Nadesan, surely? Any others?

It's encouraging to see these things being thought about and addressed so early.

Kent Online

Very interesting comments from Clemence in today's Kent Online.

Already conversations with potential signings and with out-of-contract players who won't be retained. He also says that he's told some players still under contract that they won't be playing much and should probably leave. Nadesan, surely? Any others?

It's encouraging to see these things being thought about and addressed so early.

Kent Online
Procrastination has cost GFC dearly in recent times, probably none more so than 23/24 season. This news sounds positive - good stuff.

Also a little clue as to what KJ and AH have been up to for those who genuinely believe they sit around doing nothing - finding targets for Clemence to have a look at from AH, and then KJ initiating the actual conversations so that things are in motion at this point so that we can hit the ground running.

Also a little clue as to what KJ and AH have been up to for those who genuinely believe they sit around doing nothing - finding targets for Clemence to have a look at from AH, and then KJ initiating the actual conversations so that things are in motion at this point so that we can hit the ground running.
I genuinely wish AH and KJ all the best in that task. Hopefully, as a Club, we`ve learned a lot this season and now have a more clearly defined way forward.

Hopefully he will not be signing any more snowflakes as next season looks like we will be playing even more teams from "up north". Our record this year north of Nottingham has been poor and we can expect more treatment such as handed out to Dieng at Grimsby as we are seen as soft pushovers.

Hopefully he will not be signing any more snowflakes as next season looks like we will be playing even more teams from "up north". Our record this year north of Nottingham has been poor and we can expect more treatment such as handed out to Dieng at Grimsby as we are seen as soft pushovers.

I'd say that's harsh. Don't think our away record up north has been particularly worse than down south. Wins at Morecambe, Salford, Stockport, Accrington and Notts County.

Of the Gills` nine away wins, Four (5, if you count Nottingham as North - our "choir" certainly does !) have been at northern grounds. Appears quite balanced, geographically. I don`t see that our team`s effort and application is subject to geographic parameters.

If he can keep his signings of the quality and standard of Hutton and Hurtado then I would trust Clemence to continue with his improvement of the squad.
His contact book must be impressive with the number of higher league teams he has worked for. Hoping he is working those contacts hard and passing KJ and Brad some exciting prospects for us.

Certainly a promising read lets hope the key targets are landed before the team return for pre-season. A full pre-season together so there are no excuses for what happens next season

If he can keep his signings of the quality and standard of Hutton and Hurtado then I would trust Clemence to continue with his improvement of the squad.
His contact book must be impressive with the number of higher league teams he has worked for. Hoping he is working those contacts hard and passing KJ and Brad some exciting prospects for us.

I’m not sure I’d give Clemence any credit for Hutton or Hurtado.

Hutton’s stats spoke for themselves and made him an obvious player to look at given the team’s weaknesses.

Hurtado was very much last minute via Jackett’s Watford connections and one all were happy to ‘take a punt’ on.

Of all the signings I get the impression that Andrews is more a Clemence/Stockdale signing.

Recruitment has to be far smarter this window. Cannot afford to waste valuable time pursuing unrealistic targets. And we've got to ensure there are viable alternatives for every position we're looking to improve. Last summer we were guilty of having all our eggs in the one Alfie May basket. Need to learn lessons & avoid replicating the same mistakes.

Never sure of the contract situation but irrespective I would imagine Nadesan & Clarke to be moving on as surplus to requirements. Perhaps also Malone?

Make the wrong decision quickly to save time 😄
Then they can all don their speedos and head off to the sun.

I’m not sure I’d give Clemence any credit for Hutton or Hurtado.

Hutton’s stats spoke for themselves and made him an obvious player to look at given the team’s weaknesses.

Hurtado was very much last minute via Jackett’s Watford connections and one all were happy to ‘take a punt’ on.

Of all the signings I get the impression that Andrews is more a Clemence/Stockdale signing.
Of our 29 man squad, Hutton, Hurtado and, as you say, Andrews are the 3 players that would have had, at the very least, serious input from Clemence as to how he might utilise their skills. All three would get a thumbs up from most Gills fans to be a part of our next L2 campaign.