Portsmouth at home and Play off Dates | Page 7 | Vital Football

Portsmouth at home and Play off Dates

Talking to a friend of Colby Bishop tonight. He suggests the Portsmouth party wagon lasted eight days. Not sure that it is ongoing, but let us hope thr hangover is still there.

Talking to a friend of Colby Bishop tonight. He suggests the Portsmouth party wagon lasted eight days. Not sure that it is ongoing, but let us hope thr hangover is still there.

You'd like to think so, but Mousinho's six years at Oxford might have some bearing on their preparation for us

Now on the OS, it will be on iFollow so Sky will be elsewhere.

I'll have to amend my attendance prediction as the gate will be hit by this!

We need to be out of the starting blocks at full intesity and with a high (but controlled) level of aggression to test how far "completely" actually goes for a side who have achieved all they can this season. If Pompey dig in and battle, fair play to them but I can't see their players hitting the levels of intensity which secured the title.

As Mike Tyson once said about plans....

Mousinho probably wants foots on the gas but I am sure the players will already be packing for their holidays and the long trip to Lincoln will be an inconvenience for most of their holiday plans.

Not quite the same amount of adrenaline once the job is done, as we found out when we won the National League and League Two. Chesterfield have lost more or less every game since being promoted this season.

We need to be out of the starting blocks at full intesity and with a high (but controlled) level of aggression to test how far "completely" actually goes for a side who have achieved all they can this season. If Pompey dig in and battle, fair play to them but I can't see their players hitting the levels of intensity which secured the title.
Exactly that: intensity will be paramount. Portsmouth will not want to get involved - the players will all be hoping to avoid an injury which may keep them out at the start of next season and they will all be looking forward to being Championship players. League One is already irrelevant to them. As professional as they want to be, it is only natural that they will be mentally and physically drained as the manager says, and intensity is the way to take advantage of that.

And well said John Moushino, it's a pity that sense of integrity is not replicated in Peterborough.

Not quite the same amount of adrenaline once the job is done, as we found out when we won the National League and League Two.
Not just those two seasons. Our record after winning promotion in my time is:

1975-76: WDD
1980-81: D
1987-88: won promotion in final game
1997-98: won promotion in final game
2016-17: DD
2018-19: LDLL

Exactly that: intensity will be paramount. Portsmouth will not want to get involved - the players will all be hoping to avoid an injury which may keep them out at the start of next season and they will all be looking forward to being Championship players. League One is already irrelevant to them. As professional as they want to be, it is only natural that they will be mentally and physically drained as the manager says, and intensity is the way to take advantage of that.

And well said John Moushino, it's a pity that sense of integrity is not replicated in Peterborough.

It’s a last hoorah for Pompey. They aren’t preparing for what could be 3 season defining matches like Posh are. You understand I’m no fan of posh but if they’ve got a first team squad they should be allowed to use it.

Not just those two seasons. Our record after winning promotion in my time is:

1975-76: WDD
1980-81: D
I don't think those two are quite right.

In 1980/81 the away draw with Southend made promotion mathematically certain which was followed by: LWWWD

In 1975/76, it was WDD after winning the championship. Thanks to results elsewhere promotion was won following the home game with Newport on 3rd April. This was followed by: WDWWWWDD

I don't think the Portsmouth players will be throwing themselves into challenges with the chance to play in the championship in August