The Unai Emery Thread | Page 233 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

I wonder how long it will be before the inevitable happens and we are calling for his head.
I guess every manager has their day but then I don't think we have had a manager like Emery before. Perhaps not every season under him will be top 4 but if he can get us there 2-3 times out of lets say 5 years here than that's a hell of an achievement.

The moans from some would then presumably revolve around the inability to guarantee top 4 or not winning a cup of something.

I guess every manager has their day but then I don't think we have had a manager like Emery before. Perhaps not every season under him will be top 4 but if he can get us there 2-3 times out of lets say 5 years here than that's a hell of an achievement.

The moans from some would then presumably revolve around the inability to guarantee top 4 or not winning a cup of something.

I'm really hoping he's our Fergie.

Some day the fans will be moaning about only winning the CL twice in 15 years and how he is a dinosaur who only knows how to play 10 different ways. Lol

I'm really hoping he's our Fergie.

Some day the fans will be moaning about only winning the CL twice in 15 years and how he is a dinosaur who only knows how to play 10 different ways. Lol
Yes that is indeed the hope. It seems to me that Villa and Emery are the perfect match.

I wonder how long it will be before the inevitable happens and we are calling for his head.

It's inevitable. The more successful you are the more expectations change. Next season will ne our 2nd consecutive year of European football.

If we don't qualify for Europe the next year or the year after that then it's only natural questions will be asked, although you'd like to think most fans are clever enough to give him a little bit of grace after everything he's done to date.

‘Of course he’d quit Villa to join Man Utd next season’….Andy Goldstein….quite simply…. :finger:
Goldstein is just a shock-jock attention seeker........... As well as being a total W**ker and a deluded MU supporter which, apparently, he tells all talkshyte listeners every time he's on-air.

I might listen tonight though just to hear his whining ;)

Great news but who knows what’s round the corner, he left Villarreal mid season after all. Hopefully there’s an improved compensation/exit clause.

This is a 1 year extension apparently.

Interesting that it then says they will sit down again with him in the summer to extend even further... why? Why not just get it done now and tie him up till 2029 at least?
I assume they wanted to eliminate noise around his name? Perhaps they didn’t want the players to get distracted. Maybe Nas is annoyed about the coverage at the club. I would be.

This is clearly an immediate response to the inevitable talk about managerial vacancies. It eliminates all doubt and takes Unai out of the equation. Even more importantly, it’s a clear statement to current and potential players that all is well at B6. Love Unai’s remark that, “Ambition already is, and must always be, the motto of this project.” After all the Ellis years and beyond, that really is music to my ears.