Tits v Bristols | Vital Football

Tits v Bristols

truelatic4eva

Vital 1st Team Regular
Last game of the season,let's hope the lads put in a performance and give us something to cheer about...let's face it we are due some home cheer.

The result for me is irrelevant- I just want to watch a good performance. If we get beat 5-3 then no problem. There will be a bigger crowd than usual Saturday, I’ve took advantage of the free tickets and will be taking my little lad and Mrs (out for some beers afterwards as last home game so will need someone to take him home 😉) - Maloney needs to be told his brief in this game is to attack and entertain a captive audience in the hope some of them will return.

I'd love to think that the past 2 performances will see us come into this with some feel good factor and momentum and we'll turn in a good attacking performance against a Bristol team that is second to bottom in the form table and got the 5th worst defence in the league. But that wouldn't be very Wigan would it?

We know 'the pattern' and how our performances against teams outside the top 8 seem to drop significantly, so that's obviously a concern.

The other thing that has been something that has been a habit for literally years, is whenever we have an initiative or big occasion to bigger in crowd for a league game like this we always seem to play poorly. Not sure if that is a coincidence or there is maybe something to players feeling under more pressure or something - but it seems to be a regular occurance.

I hope we break both habits and can put on a good show for a bigger crowd that will be good enough to nudge a few extra people to consider a season ticket for next season.

Also if results go our way we can finish as high as 10th or as low as 15th if results go against us. When it comes to trying to convince the better free transfers and loans to sign for us over our rivals, finishing the season in strong form and in the top 10 can only help.

this is a must win game for some of us, so can someone please tell SM and the players that some of us have got money on a top half finish.

many thanks

Always been proud to be English and always will be. I also have a 1/16 bit of Welsh in me and I'm proud of that piece as well.

If our parents did their job right we should be proud of them ( and I am ) and likewise be proud of our children and grandchildren ( which I am ).

We all should be proud of who we are and I happen to be English ...

I already did some years ago...expecting some romantic return with news of earth shattering ancestors. It came back i was from Lancashire. No shit Sherlock.

All that's missing is a Stone Island badge and a pint of Carling.

Who's that? A depiction of Richard the Lionheart? It's not St George.
St George was traditionally believed to be a Roman Soldier of Greek origin who died on 23rd April 303AD. He was considered a saint after being executed for refusing to back down on his Christian beliefs. The story of his dragon slaying feats becoming legend in later times. He is also known to be the patron saint of other countries and regions including (strangely enough) Ethiopia.

He never visited England but his Legend was brought back to these shores by soldiers coming back from the crusades where Christians in the Middle East lauded George as a warrior saint. He was adopted as the patron saint of England in 1222 with his flag thought to be already used widely by English soldiers.

The reformation put an end to any celebrations and religious processions but in recent times there have been calls to celebrate St George's day and a suggestion that it becomes a national holiday which I'm all for.

Anyway, happy St George's day!