Family Coat of Arms | Vital Football

Family Coat of Arms

col8

Vital Football Legend
Do you have a coat of arms?
Going on from a comment in the "Where have you lived thread"
I wondered how many others have a Coat of Arms?

The Keating name has a fascinating history, and it’s associated with Norman origins in Ireland. Let me share some interesting details about the Keating family:

1. Norman Origin and Settlement:

Attachments

• keating-coat-of-arms-family-crest.gif
    keating-coat-of-arms-family-crest.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 5
I've just been presented with 6-8 different ones, but sadly 'field' is a named feature of a coat of arms (background or foreground from memory) so I've never been able to nail it down.

My little search tonight threw up some things I didn't know, it's also loosely Jewish linked but obviously the grounding is 'where cows shit' and it historically began in Staffordshire, and spread to Ireland and Australia.

The original Stafford link and name was a Knights Templer apparently.

This is the most common option, but as said I get design and colour options that are different.

family-crest-coat-of-arms.png

I've just been presented with 6-8 different ones, but sadly 'field' is a named feature of a coat of arms (background or foreground from memory) so I've never been able to nail it down.

My little search tonight threw up some things I didn't know, it's also loosely Jewish linked but obviously the grounding is 'where cows shit' and it historically began in Staffordshire, and spread to Ireland and Australia.

The original Stafford link and name was a Knights Templer apparently.

This is the most common option, but as said I get design and colour options that are different.

View attachment 72792
Well looking at both coats of arms I can conclude we are a couple of "Helmets"

I've also got a few different results, but the main part is the 3 stags heads on the shield.

The name Doyle in Ireland is thought to be of Norse origin and comes from the Irish Ó'Dubhghaill or dubh ghall, the "dark stranger or foreigner". This was a descriptive formula first used to describe the invading Vikings, and in particular to distinguish the darker-haired Danes from the fair-haired Norwegians.

The name is most prominent in Dublin, Wexford, Wicklow and Carlow. The motto on the Doyle coat of arms says 'Fortitudine Vincit' which means 'He conquers by strength'

doyle-coat-of-arms-family-crest.gif

Right so that's all my addresses and my surname, what's the next thread, our favourite online banking passwords? lol

This is what Google threw at me - note: edited for a better photo

Screenshot_20240423_110149_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I've also got a few different results, but the main part is the 3 stags heads on the shield.

The name Doyle in Ireland is thought to be of Norse origin and comes from the Irish Ó'Dubhghaill or dubh ghall, the "dark stranger or foreigner". This was a descriptive formula first used to describe the invading Vikings, and in particular to distinguish the darker-haired Danes from the fair-haired Norwegians.

The name is most prominent in Dublin, Wexford, Wicklow and Carlow. The motto on the Doyle coat of arms says 'Fortitudine Vincit' which means 'He conquers by strength'

View attachment 72803

Right so that's all my addresses and my surname, what's the next thread, our favourite online banking passwords? lol

My family DNA results showed my early Irish family tree mainly originated around Wicklow and Carlow and later Dublin. The family name in Wicklow was Walsh.

My family DNA results showed my early Irish family tree mainly originated around Wicklow and Carlow and later Dublin. The family name in Wicklow was Walsh.

That's interesting, it's a pretty common name around where I grew up.

The trend of commonality probably shouldn't be surprising really, but given folks in this thread have fewer commonalities that most - I'm slightly surprised there isn't more variance in the arms.

I know (especially back then) only so much could change purely from the design/creation point of view, but mine and the Walsh is almost identical, and Kef's isn't far off albeit colouring.

But clearly our own links wouldn't imply that.

If anything I'd have thought SJH and TH would be closer because of the clear Irish and Wexford links?