Good Morning Thread | Page 922 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

On another note, I was recently in Southern California. I had a chance to take a look at the Salton Sea area which is a disaster. You cannot swim, boat, or fish on the water.

The world's largest lithium deposit is under the Salton Sea and they are just starting to mine it. In California. The most environmentally conscious state. Have you ever seen a lithium mine? Warren Buffett is driving that.

What does bring a tear to my eye's is when they go on and on about these shit Leccie vehicle thingies and how good they are for the future n Enviroment etc.

But there is never any mention regards the mining for the batteries and the fcuking damage it is doing to the Enviroment, the Counties even now the Sea it seems.

Big Brother n Huge Conglomerates are watching you!
Do they give a fcuk about us minions? do they fcuk! simple as that.

Mr Orwell must be turning in his grave!

Steve you have taken the words out of Mrs PY's mouth, according to her "hell is coming to town" for the surgery Lol!

Still awaiting the Doc lol!
Perhaps your GO was one of the £1 mill earners - wtf does GP do that gets them a million a year?!!

Four GPs paid £1m a year during Covid, NHS figures reveal​

Thousands of doctors earn over £100,000 following extra work from the pandemic and a rise in the number of chains of surgeries

Telegraph Reporters April 2024 • 7:09pm

At least four GPs were paid more than £1 million a year during the Covid pandemic, it has been revealed.
The doctors received seven-figure incomes according to figures obtained via a Freedom of Information request.
The NHS did not reveal the number of GPs paid £1 million or more, claiming it may identify them, but confirmed it was under five.
The figures, first published by The Sun, also revealed that at least two doctors received between £800,000 to £850,000, and another two between £850,000 and £900,000.
In all, 8,593 GPs in England received more than £100,000 in the year 2021-2022.

• It is thought extra demand during the pandemic and a rise in the number of chains of surgeries fuelled doctors’ wages.
    Jonathan Eida, of TaxPayers’ Alliance, said: “Patients will be shocked by the bumper pay for some local doctors, yet the data on most is unavailable.
    “Health bosses claim to be committed to transparency in how taxpayers’ money is spent, yet a huge black hole has been allowed to open up.”
    The Department of Health and Social Care said: “General Practices are self-employed contractors to the NHS who independently set staff pay.
    “Taxpayers rightly expect transparency and value for money, and the NHS is already required to publish earnings and expenses information.”

Figures published last year showed that on average, GPs’ earnings rose by 23 per cent in a decade to a record £118,000.
    The average GP’s income before tax in England was £118,100 in the 2021-22 financial year, up from £95,700 a decade ago in 2011-12.
    On Friday it was announced that NHS consultants would end strike action after accepting a new pay deal worth up to £20,000 a year.
    The senior NHS doctors have voted 83 per cent in favour of an improved offer after the first deal put to members was narrowly defeated earlier this year.

The British Medical Association had paused strikes while negotiations took place after an initial pay offer was voted against by 51 per cent to 49 per cent in January.
    Consultants had been in a pay dispute for almost a year and first went on strike in July – contributing to the 1.4 million cancelled NHS appointments along with junior doctors, who remain in a dispute.
    Junior doctors are seeking a pay rise worth up to 35 per cent a year.

What does bring a tear to my eye's is when they go on and on about these shit Leccie vehicle thingies and how good they are for the future n Enviroment etc.

But there is never any mention regards the mining for the batteries and the fcuking damage it is doing to the Enviroment, the Counties even now the Sea it seems.

Big Brother n Huge Conglomerates are watching you!
Do they give a fcuk about us minions? do they fcuk! simple as that.

Mr Orwell must be turning in his grave!
It's all being driven by the race to net zero...europe is warming at twice the rate of the other continents, so 'net zero' will, the scientists think slow it down...

Governments, have put the costs of dealing with environmental change at sums that are far beyond that which most countries can afford..

So they believe the quicker they get oil and diesel guzzling motors consigned to history, the more chance they will have of slowing weather catastrophes that keep hitting us out of the blue..

It's all the fault of the Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) mandate. according to Auto Trader 77 per cent of new electric vehicles are now going to be advertised at a discount.

This isn’t just because electric battery technology has suddenly undergone a huge advance (solid state sodium batteries are appearing which offer up to 1000km) but rather is sheer desperation.

Since January this year, major car manufacturers have been under an obligation to ensure that at least 22 per cent of the new vehicles they sell are pure electric. If they fail, then for every non-electric car they sell they could be fined £15,000. The 22 per cent proportion will then rise every year until it reaches 80 per cent in 2030. The trouble is, so far in 2024 only around 15 per cent of cars sold in Britain have been pure electric vehicles.(We lag most of the rest of Europe).

If motorists just don’t want to buy electric vehicles, what are manufacturers to do? They can’t carry on cutting the prices of electric cars to the point they are selling them at a massive loss, and nor will they be able to afford to pay penalties of £15,000 for every petrol or diesel car they sell over the limit.

Buyers of luxury cars might not mind paying that kind of surcharge, but motorists who want mass market hatchbacks certainly will. The only real option car-makers have is to stop us buying petrol or diesel cars by withdrawing them from the market – as Ford has already done with the Fiesta.

What’s wrong about the ZEV is that motorists have shown themselves to be happy buying hybrids. They don’t mind electrical traction; it is just that they don’t want to suffer the hassle of relying on public charging points or risk being stranded.

Hybrids should have been the way to clean-up the car industry, allowing motorists steadily to move in the direction of electric vehicles. but the EU and the British Government didn't see it as enough.

That would have allowed the recharging infrastructure to be built up over time – and who knows, maybe there would have come a point when EVs became good enough that people no longer saw the need to have an engine on board as well as batteries. But the government undermined the whole process by announcing that hybrids, too, will be banned, and trying to force us to leap to full electric vehicles in one go.

That's why, unless the EU and this Government do a complete about-face - Electric cars, will rule.

Last edited:
It's all being driven by the race to net zero...europe is warming at twice the rate of the other continents, so 'net zero' will, the scientists think slow it down...

Governments, have put the costs of dealing with environmental change at sums that are far beyond that which most countries can afford..

So they believe the quicker they get oil and diesel guzzling motors consigned to history, the more chance they will have of slowing weather catastrophes that keep hitting us out of the blue..

It's all the fault of the Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) mandate. according to Auto Trader 77 per cent of new electric vehicles are now going to be advertised at a discount.

This isn’t just because electric battery technology has suddenly undergone a huge advance (solid state sodium batteries are appearing which offer up to 1000km) but rather is sheer desperation.

Since January this year, major car manufacturers have been under an obligation to ensure that at least 22 per cent of the new vehicles they sell are pure electric. If they fail, then for every non-electric car they sell they could be fined £15,000. The 22 per cent proportion will then rise every year until it reaches 80 per cent in 2030. The trouble is, so far in 2024 only around 15 per cent of cars sold in Britain have been pure electric vehicles.(We lag most of the rest of Europe).

If motorists just don’t want to buy electric vehicles, what are manufacturers to do? They can’t carry on cutting the prices of electric cars to the point they are selling them at a massive loss, and nor will they be able to afford to pay penalties of £15,000 for every petrol or diesel car they sell over the limit.

Buyers of luxury cars might not mind paying that kind of surcharge, but motorists who want mass market hatchbacks certainly will. The only real option car-makers have is to stop us buying petrol or diesel cars by withdrawing them from the market – as Ford has already done with the Fiesta.

What’s wrong about the ZEV is that motorists have shown themselves to be happy buying hybrids. They don’t mind electrical traction; it is just that they don’t want to suffer the hassle of relying on public charging points or risk being stranded.

Hybrids should have been the way to clean-up the car industry, allowing motorists steadily to move in the direction of electric vehicles. but the EU and the British Government didn't see it as enough.

That would have allowed the recharging infrastructure to be built up over time – and who knows, maybe there would have come a point when EVs became good enough that people no longer saw the need to have an engine on board as well as batteries. But the government undermined the whole process by announcing that hybrids, too, will be banned, and trying to force us to leap to full electric vehicles in one go.

That's why, unless the EU and this Government do a complete about-face - Electric cars, will rule.
Must admit I believe the way forward is...HYBRID, simple as that.

One of my "bit richer" oppo's has a HYBRID, top of the range, unfortunately the make escapes me.

I have driven it on both, Leccie n Petrol, and I must admit it is some car, mind I did say to him "its a bit sporty looking for you" him being 82 years young, he admitted what I said but followed I am chuffed to bits wiv it.

Regards the Global Warming thing!

Net Zero! will only affect/cost the minions, us! the lower down the ladder types.

I read only the other day that it is going to take 100 to 1000years regards Sea/Ocean water rising, thus affecting mankind, whether we go the whole hog of Net Zero or not, thus no matter it is still happening, GW that is.

The article went on to say that all this output by mankind n animals alike is bullshit, what man and animals have to do is adapt! simple as that, cos Global Warming is here and has been for over a 1million years, so by all accounts as we all know, it is nature.

If man keeps preaching its our fault then in my words....man or rather Big Conglomerates need to get their heads out of their arses and cease the brainwashing.

Morning all, how is you all?

Oh yes! Steve a belated Very Happy Anniversary to you n the missus.

Further to my post yesterday, a Doc turned up, chatted about whats going on, done some Blood Pressure readings, Sat, Standing etc, High BP, but of no reason to be worried according to him. (y)
Stethescope out, listened to my Heart n Lungs, no comment, so take that as (y)

Had a further chat regards coming off Atenanol, he went to say he is sceptical but regards what other Docs have said, I am putting you back on it...
1 -7days x 1no 25mg
2 -7days x 1no 12.5mg
3 -7days x 1no 12.5mg every other day.

Started to day.

He also said that am to go to the Shit hole, not his words, Surgery to have some Blood taken for further tests, get one of your friends to take you he added.

So wrang an oppo for a lift, no probs, so now await the Shit hole to ring n give me an appointment.

An open debate took place in Doha recently & a large number of the participating audience were clearly amused by the current security threat in Europe. I'd be inclined to use a more measured approach as opposed to simply bending over.
HI SP,
Whilst I understand the tenure of you point or argument, unfortunately history tells us that we get involved or force our beliefs and values on another nation, it always ends in tatters.
Think on it my friend virtually every where Britain has been since it's 'Empire days' or where we've tried to impose a set of values, has usually ended up 'tits up' with Britain looking the bad guys.
I'll list
India /Pakistan
Cypress
Zimbabwe
South Africa
Middle east
Yugoslavia
Iraq
Afghanistan.
These people have a different set of morals and values, perhaps linked to family /religion/provencial loyalty.
I don't know exactly... But what I do know is that when we as a nation get involved it doesn't go right.
My thoughts are let em get on with it, but don't bring it to our streets.

HI SP,
Whilst I understand the tenure of you point or argument, unfortunately history tells us that we get involved or force our beliefs and values on another nation, it always ends in tatters.
Think on it my friend virtually every where Britain has been since it's 'Empire days' or where we've tried to impose a set of values, has usually ended up 'tits up' with Britain looking the bad guys.
I'll list
India /Pakistan
Cypress
Zimbabwe
South Africa
Middle east
Yugoslavia
Iraq
Afghanistan.
These people have a different set of morals and values, perhaps linked to family /religion/provencial loyalty.
I don't know exactly... But what I do know is that when we as a nation get involved it doesn't go right.
My thoughts are let em get on with it, but don't bring it to our streets.
But here's the rub. They're coming to our shores in their droves.

But here's the rub. They're coming to our shores in their droves.

Hong Kong is the classic example. This was a great doc....

The moves to the UK by Hong Kongers is also a formal visa program. You can't blame them for wanting to get away, but it is a relevant percentage of our migration stats.

Hong Kong is the classic example. This was a great doc....

The moves to the UK by Hong Kongers is also a formal visa program. You can't blame them for wanting to get away, but it is a relevant percentage of our migration stats.
Believe it or not i don't have the same problem with them as i have with Muslims due to the fact they want to integrate & will work hard to pay their way.

Believe it or not i don't have the same problem with them as i have with Muslims due to the fact they want to integrate & will work hard to pay their way.

Same here. I have a couple of inside tracks to some families moving to the area where I live. A lot are bringing wealth above the UK average with them and as you say, willing to work. I actually saw one them this morning, working on the shop floor in Morrisons.