Forest vs PGMOL | Page 2 | Vital Football

Forest vs PGMOL

Yes I agree I have probably not made myself clear, it wasn't meant as a comment on the rights & wrongs of what we've done, or what anyone else involved has or hasn't done. It was meant to point out the hyperbole of the SSN reporting, and how they love to fan the flames of whatever the controversy of the day is. Just saying their use of the word accused is a bit strong, when we just pointed it out to PGMOL beforehand and asked them to reconsider, which is not the same as accusing someone of something.
My gripe is with SSN, but I'm still daft enough to watch it.
Oh Sky love a drama absolutely but they hit the nail on the head. We effectively insinuated that he did not act impartially because he was a Luton Fan-i.e he deliberately cheated

Yep - we will be forced to apologise. We needed to concentrate on the officials incompetence. We should have asked for the recordings etc as we did today

I now know the Chairman and Marinakis and Clattenburg are entirely incompetent themselves
It appears to be fairly standard practice that officials are not picked for matches where their fan offiliation could be deemed an issue. We have seen today Michael Oliver stating that as a Newcastle fan, he was never put on newcastle and couldn't take any games in the bottom third or the table near the end of the season.

If this has been an established practice then I don't see the league have a leg to stand on in putting a Luton fan in charge of this game and then having that pointed out

This is how it begins! Can we chant fuck the premier league for 90 minutes against city? All over sky, loud and clear make them have to turn the crowd off.

Forest reply- @toms this is effectively your retraction/ apology

I think we are acting appropriately. I was on the fence with the tweet yesterday, but we have had VAR decisions directly cost us at least 8 points this season minimum. We needed to call it out in a forceful way.

As for the FA asking for statements from EM, NES, and Williams, I wouldn't even engage with the FA until the tapes are released and a full explanation into the performance of Taylor and Atwell is publicly given.

Finally, under no circumstances should we pay any fine. They can have an insincere apology once we get what we need.

Forest reply- @toms this is effectively your retraction/ apology

Yes I think so-might not be full proof (i.e harm is done but might be sufficient mitigation but also not "Im really sorry Stewie" ) but the key para is:-

"We know match officials do not allow outside factors to influence their decision-making and that all referees are required to declare their ‘allegiances’ to PGMOL to avoid any perceived conflict or harm to the game’s reputation for integrity."

How do you absolutely "know match officials do not allow outside factors to influence their decision-making". You don't 100 percent and no-one does because referees can be bad eggs as in all walks of life. That sounds like a desperate bit of grovelling.

I reckon Di Marco or whatever his name is got hold of the Chairman by his ear and gave him rather hearty telling off. This response is far more legalistic. The first statement was noddyesque and amateur.

This is how it begins! Can we chant fuck the premier league for 90 minutes against city? All over sky, loud and clear make them have to turn the crowd off.
That will turn Forest in to a circus. Need to take high ground. Make the stand for benefit of football.

Not Questioning integrity but decision making. Decision to field official with an interest and placing them in a compromising position.

Questioning why decision making process isn’t more open.

Questioning the standard of refereeing in general and how clubs can assist improvements.

Questioning how communication between clubs and officials can improve and the benefits of a role like Clattenburg.

Questioning some of the rules around VAR like second yellows.

Move away from the threat of action to the lessons to be learnt and the benefits to football.

Move away from petulance and victimisation to helpfulness and Greater good. Do all this as part of response to audio release. Change the atmosphere. Continuation benefits no one. What do Forest want out of this now? Take the high ground.

I said in a post this morning that wile I didn't necessarily agree with the tweet yesterday that sometimes the end CAN justify the means. It has certainly opened the can of worms & they are beginning to get out now that fans from all persuasions have jumped on. Just read Forest's more conciliatory tweet which is good to see, but the process has started now & Maranakis I think will keep pushing.
PGMOL are in a bit of a corner now, if they refuse to release the audio then people will draw their own conclusions, & if they do release it, given that most people seem to agree that at least 2 out of 3 should have been given then they are either going to look incompetent for inspecting the footage & seeing nothing wrong or they will be seen to not have looked closely & objectively enough at the available footage.
Whatever the outcome it isn't going to show PGMOL in a good light, whether what we as a club gain apart from being proved right on this occasion outweighs what we might have lost from a PR point of view is debatable

That will turn Forest in to a circus. Need to take high ground. Make the stand for benefit of football.

Not Questioning integrity but decision making. Decision to field official with an interest and placing them in a compromising position.

Questioning why decision making process isn’t more open.

Questioning the standard of refereeing in general and how clubs can assist improvements.

Questioning how communication between clubs and officials can improve and the benefits of a role like Clattenburg.

Questioning some of the rules around VAR like second yellows.

Move away from the threat of action to the lessons to be learnt and the benefits to football.

Move away from petulance and victimisation to helpfulness and Greater good. Do all this as part of response to audio release. Change the atmosphere. Continuation benefits no one. What do Forest want out of this now? Take the high ground.
Basically yes-that all could have been done in another way by scrapping the over emotional garbage from yesterday and hitting them with the statements from today

That is utter utter utter bullshit (the ref in clip , not your comment).
No one has been able to explain to me why different rules apply in the pen area these days.. Anywhere else on the pitch for any of the 3 would have been free kicks, this insufficient contact stuff is rubbish how can someone sitting miles away judge the level of contact

Basically yes-that all could have been done in another way by scrapping the over emotional garbage from yesterday and hitting them with the statements from today
Whilst I didn't approve of yesterday's tweet, it's certainly drawn attention to the issue. Without it, and without the hype it created, today's outpouring of discontent amongst fans probably doesn't happen. It would be wonderful to think the PL suddenly find themselves under real pressure to sort their shit out, and Forest were the ones that got the ball rolling.