Where did it all go wrong ? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Where did it all go wrong ?

Apart from the poor striker recruitment i think the midfield bar Coleman, have been totally forgetable.

Why cant Williams play 90 minutes? I also think he's not delivered what he should of, along with Lapslie, Dieng, Clarke and Mahoney.
Do we really know that he can`t play 90 minutes ? He`s a pro footballer and has, in 23/24, been playing and training full time for yonks.

Just a thought. But, perhaps, compared to some others in the team, Jonny is considered (by SC) not as sound defensively. Therefore, if we are looking to consolidate a point or a lead and the score-line is close, say one goal between us and them, safer is better than sorry.

So, sometimes maybe it`s easy to say that the reason Jonny is subbed is because he`s tiring. Less so to imply that we settled for what we got and figured we could hold out. Far less so when that course of action/inaction backfires completely and ends in defeat. Just a thought, I`m probably way off beam.

Do we really know that he can`t play 90 minutes ? He`s a pro footballer and has, in 23/24, been playing and training full time for yonks.

Just a thought. But, perhaps, compared to some others in the team, Jonny is considered (by SC) not as sound defensively. Therefore, if we are looking to consolidate a point or a lead and the score-line is close, say one goal between us and them, safer is better than sorry.

So, sometimes maybe it`s easy to say that the reason Jonny is subbed is because he`s tiring. Less so to imply that we settled for what we got and figured we could hold out. Far less so when that course of action/inaction backfires completely and ends in defeat. Just a thought, I`m probably way off beam.
I'm pretty sure he played 90 minutes against Barrow which might lend some support to that theory as obviously we weren't holding on there.

Clemence said after the Mansfield game that JW was taken off after taking a couple of knocks.

Jonny Williams did play the whole of the 0-0 home draw against Stockport which was one of our tightest games and, at the time, seemed like a valuable point.

Clemence said after the Mansfield game that JW was taken off after taking a couple of knocks.
Coaches prerogative , he can say what he likes, we`ll probably never know. Of course, under his breath he was murmuring: bloody defensive liability, we can win this if we don`t let one in.....
Oh, sh*t....

Coaches prerogative , he can say what he likes, we`ll probably never know. Of course, under his breath he was murmuring: bloody defensive liability, we can win this if we don`t let one in.....
Oh, sh*t....

SC comes across as a genuine person to me and I typically take what he says at face value.

SC comes across as a genuine person to me and I typically take what he says at face value.
He comes across to me in the same way, I like him. But he`s not paid to tell us his strategic and tactical truths. Besides, a friend of mine frequently counsels (well, he used to) :

Think carefully about what you hear and read, and don't by default take things you read or hear at face value. Knowing this will prevent you from taking dumb, potentially life-threatening (or lifestyle-threatening) risks.

My friend was recently run over by a bus ;)

Last edited: