Magic of the FA Cup gone? | Page 18 | Vital Football

Magic of the FA Cup gone?

Has the magic of the FA cup gone? No it has not. The 3 games on TV last night were crackers, especially Sheffield United. Well deserved applause to those men of steel.

We got a couple of mentions on BBC1 FA Cup game between City & Burnley today....mentioned our Cup win in 2013 then another when ex City player Uwe managed us to knock them out.....always on their minds I guess 😉🍻

The magic of the FA cup will never go, as long as they keep the goal size 8x8 and only count in the final analysis goals scored.
That is why the beautiful game reigns supreme

Good game of football. We are on about Tickle and Hughes. Newport centre forward looked a good player. And scored 19 goals. This season. Gems are about if you look in the right places. Peterborough past masters. At picking players up like that.

Anthony (Man Utd) certainly seemed happy with his goal.
He has took a fair amount of stick on social media for the manner of celebrating against a L2 side but I am all for it. Shows he cares and is actually a compliment to the way Newport were playing.

If Charlie Wyke/the team had celebrated like that when scoring past Doncaster instead of just lumbering off like he was to good to be playing against them, it may well have made me a bit more sympathetic to the end result.

You can only imagine the feelings and emotions of Coventry fans when they scored in the last seconds, only for the dreaded VAR to adjudicate against them and rip their hearts out minutes later. Would rather have suffered a routine 3 nil loss than live with that.

My views on VAR are well known, I hate it. Watched Everton Forrest earlier and the latter had three clear penalties not given. I fail to see the point of it as incorrect decisions are still being made. The costs far outweigh the benefits.

Disgraceful that VAR Coventry were robbed I hope City hammer the scumbags

City will be delighted Utd have got through, turn up and they'll batter them, Utd are utterly shite, probably bordering on days of early 80's for them, a truly dreadful side

I don't watch much football outside games related to Latics these days, but on the rare occasion i've seen a game with VAR i don't really like it. I get the impression it negatively impacts the spontaneity of the game and dilutes the moment of excitement for goals as you always have to wait for them to check it.

If it was ensuring every big decision was correct then you could certainly argue it's better that way - as there is nothing worse than being robbed by incorrect decisions. But it sounds like VAR is making a lot of mistakes and if it's doing that it seems to make the whole point of it redundant.

I don't watch much football outside games related to Latics these days, but on the rare occasion i've seen a game with VAR i don't really like it. I get the impression it negatively impacts the spontaneity of the game and dilutes the moment of excitement for goals as you always have to wait for them to check it.

If it was ensuring every big decision was correct then you could certainly argue it's better that way - as there is nothing worse than being robbed by incorrect decisions. But it sounds like VAR is making a lot of mistakes and if it's doing that it seems to make the whole point of it redundant.
It's supposed to be used to check if there's been a "clear error". Judging whether or not a big toe might be offside is NOT what it was introduced for.

No way should that goal have been disallowed ... though in balance, the injury time penalty was very harsh ... from the angle of his body, what the hell was the defender supposed to do with his arms? They weren't spread out or in an unnatural position.

United could have been knocked out of the FA Cup in the third round only for some lily livered manager restricting the players to damage limitation.

I'm not a lover of VAR & it clearly robbed Coventry of such a historic win. On the other hand, imagine had VAR been invented & trialled in our play off final Vs Gillingham when we were robbed of what would have been our 3rd goal that clearly was over the line.