The Youri Tielemens Thread | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Youri Tielemens Thread

He's had some games where he's looked great (playing further forwards normally), today he was thrown in but in a strange way , was he on for Bailey ?
Looked like it, was played in that position against Chelsea, totally ineffective. He´s not a second striker.

Has he always been this unfit throughout his career?

That run yesterday when he was trying to keep up with Ollie then missed the one on one, he was blowing out of his arse at the end of it.

Who needs to run when you can pass like he can. He must have a fair few assists this season. He's not the quickest but was busting a gut to support Olly.

Good to see.
He can let Ramsey and Mcginn do his water carrying - hasn’t had enough credit for that slide rule pass for Watkins goal - just bad defending my arse. He isn’t a marathon runner - who cares when he is on it - great player to have in the ranks, classy player aswell.

Spent the early 90’s drooling over a player that couldn’t run . And still do.

Anyway. He can run, just not as athletic as others and players in his position let the ball do the work as was proved with that ball to Ollie.

As I said when he first came into the side he's got no legs but he makes up for it with touch skill and vision.
The only problem we have in this side is a lack of pace in midfield, all are very pedestrian, but you can't have everything

Not sure I can name many or any CM with blistering pace as well. If they did they’d be worth gazillions.

Imagine WCD with pace.

That's why he's with us and not Real Madrid lack of pace, nearly every player has a major fault don't they?
I’d say it’s overall athleticism more so than just pace. He isn’t particularly strong and doesn’t have much of an engine either. Playing behind Ollie is the best place for him.

I’d say it’s overall athleticism more so than just pace. He isn’t particularly strong and doesn’t have much of an engine either. Playing behind Ollie is the best place for him.
I think I have sympathy for him because I was blessed with footballing ability but no "engine" and English football is all about Engines, running, chasing,hacking, and work, then occasionally a footballer pops up, a Grealish a Foden etc that breaks the mould.

I think I have sympathy for him because I was blessed with footballing ability but no "engine" and English football is all about Engines, running, chasing,hacking, and work, then occasionally a footballer pops up, a Grealish a Foden etc that breaks the mould.
20 years ago he’s playing for AC Milan or Real maybe even Barca or Arsenal under Wenger. He has that footballing ability thats not taught. You don’t teach someone to see the game and find those passes. They just have that part of their brain switched on.

He’s what I hoped Buendia would be. Youri consistently finds and makes those passes. Buendia finds them but only makes executes them once a game. His engine and work rate are what I think Unai values more which says it all. As you know and spotted, he played Bailey first at every opportunity.

Edit: I will say it would have been interesting to see if it finally clicked for Emi this season had he not got that injury.

He's a skillful player with a good eye for a pass but he is also prone to making a few sloppy passes directly to the opposition.

As 57 said, if he was quick and able to get up and down the pitch without blowing out of his arse then I doubt he would be at Villa Park.