The Official Mansfield Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Birthday Laxatives "for all your party pooping needs") | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Official Mansfield Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Birthday Laxatives "for all your party pooping needs")

Never believed the season was anything other than over even with the halftime score, so not too disappointed tonight. I'd quite happily sack off the Donny game if we could, I just want the season to be over.

Me neither really.

But I’m going, mainly to just get the train up and have a few beers with people.

I think a much better thing will be to go, watch the game, then all disappear before the lap of honour.

I’ve just said to the wife I won’t be hanging around the clap thefuckers.

I really hope this happens. Would be a great message to see them come out to a near empty stadium.

Massive under performers and one of the few things Clem got right was that this team will end up as a "nearly team".

Big summer ahead. Back him or Sack him but he's done little to suggest he knows league 2.

Pathetic, useless, clueless, gutless. In short, a disgrace. If none of the manager and his coaches, every single one of the players and those three tools nicking a living as directors aren’t here next season, I wouldn’t be unhappy.

Today, we were presented an opportunity by a bunch of equally useless, feckless and undeserving teams to put ourselves in a great position to undeservedly nab a playoff place, yet our players didn’t want it and Clemence resorted to the exact negative, hang on tactics that Harris was sacked for against a team already on the beach. Well on top the first half, then decided to sit back. His predictable routine unimaginative subs just added to the insult.

Clemence and those idiots out there today let themselves down, let the club down and most importantly let 600 loyal travelling fans down. Pathetic and lame!

The owners aren’t without blame and need to reflect on their role in not addressing our obvious and long running goal scoring problems and also need to decide in the summer how many of the idiots in our first team squad and coaching staff they can afford to get rid of.

I really hope this happens. Would be a great message to see them come out to a near empty stadium.

Massive under performers and one of the few things Clem got right was that this team will end up as a "nearly team".

Big summer ahead. Back him or Sack him but he's done little to suggest he knows league 2.

I vote you should be in charge.
You clearly know L2 better.

Pathetic, useless, clueless, gutless. In short, a disgrace. If none of the manager and his coaches, every single one of the players and those three tools nicking a living as director aren’t here next season, I wouldn’t be unhappy.

Today, we were presented an opportunity by a bunch of equally useless, feckless and undeserving teams to put ourselves in a great position to undeservedly nab a playoff place, yet our players didn’t want it and Clemence resorted to the exact negative, hang on tactics that Harris was sacked for against a team already on the beach. Well on tool the first half, then decided to sit back. His predictable routine subs just added to the insult.

Clemence and those idiots out there today let themselves down, let the club down and most importantly let 600 loyal travelling fans down. Pathetic and lame!

The owners aren’t without blame and need to reflect on their role in not addressing our obvious and long running goal scoring problems and also need to decide in the summer how many of the idiots in our first team squad and coaching staff they can afford to get rid of.

Someone needs a hug....

Pathetic, useless, clueless, gutless. In short, a disgrace. If none of the manager and his coaches, every single one of the players and those three tools nicking a living as directors aren’t here next season, I wouldn’t be unhappy.

Today, we were presented an opportunity by a bunch of equally useless, feckless and undeserving teams to put ourselves in a great position to undeservedly nab a playoff place, yet our players didn’t want it and Clemence resorted to the exact negative, hang on tactics that Harris was sacked for against a team already on the beach. Well on top the first half, then decided to sit back. His predictable routine unimaginative subs just added to the insult.

Agree with all of that bar any references to the owners.

I suspect they have some big decisions to make. Invest and clear out or another season of nearly theres!

I'm looking forward to seeing most of these players....
....set up to perform as we have seen glimpses of.

Just not sure SC's approach is right for League 2.

Why were Nichols and Bonne moved on ?
The former worked well with Hawkins - until the latter got injured.
Then we saw Nichols chasing lost causes by himself.

Bonne started slowly (unfit) - but looked better as time went on.
Moved up a Division ???

As someone else said....
...lumping up to both Hawkins and Andrews was worth more than the 5 minutes we've seen so far.

NH was too negative for a promotion challenge.
Is SC trying to be too technical ?

Replacing SC would allow this team to evolve.
Replacing 10 or more of the squad would almost guarantee 10 games of team-building.
Which is why replacements and new additions need to be done ASAP.
Whether it’s a few or a complete overhaul.
We can’t fuckarse about chasing a ‘name’ that doesn’t arrive in the end anyway. We need to move quickly, get a squad assembled and then give them all a full preseason to work together to hit the ground running.

FWIW the rolling of the dice in January was correct in my view. We weren’t scoring goals and something had to change. Bonne, Nichols and Walker left. To be replaced with Hurtado, Andrews and and even less effective Walker. It didn’t work out, unfortunately. But sometimes it doesn’t.

Still not convinced with SC either.

Agree with all of that bar any references to the owners.

I suspect they have some big decisions to make. Invest and clear out or another season of nearly theres!
Don’t get me wrong, there are lots of great things the owners have done, but they almost solely been off of the pitch. I think they need to reflect and learn more about how to achieve success on the pitch. And I think replacing the three stooges below them would be a start….

Could finish as low as 14th. Not sure if that would be a fair representation of SC's performance as boss?

Excellent assessment of needs. We all know that's the only thing stopping us from scoring goals this year.

:rolleyes:
Its certainly part of it.

On paper we have players who should be some of the best in league 2 - Williams, Lapslie, Dieng, Mahoney all performed well before they cam here. They haven't performed anywhere near their potential here .

At some point you have to ask if its the way the team is set up to play.

Simple question has Clemence improved this team ? The final league table will tell us.

Its certainly part of it.

On paper we have players who should be some of the best in league 2 - Williams, Lapslie, Dieng, Mahoney all performed well before they cam here. They haven't performed anywhere near their potential here .

At some point you have to ask if its the way the team is set up to play.

Simple question has Clemence improved this team ? The final league table will tell us.

Gillingham have 80 goals in their last 91 league two games.
Teams in the top 3 this year have at least 87 each.
If relegated Forest Green score one more than us next week we'll be the lowest scorers in our league for the third straight league season.

But sure, it's the manager with one January window's fault.
The problem couldn't be any clearer if it wore neon knickers.

Some are asking what is SC telling the players? The next question is are the players listening.
Away at Harrogate the seemed they couldn't be bothered to try anything to win.

If relegated Forest Green score one more than us next week we'll be the lowest scorers in our league for the third straight league season.

Never said its all his fault. I'm just questioning whether he's the right manager for league two football

Getting the right players is key but you also need the right manager to understand how to be successful in league 2. I'm not convinced someone with ZERO league 2 experience was a gamble worth taking.

If Clemence is so good then you might have thought he'd have gotten more out of this squad. I didn't like Harris football one bit but I suspect we'd have finished higher had we kept him.

Maybe if the players wore neon knickers they might spot each other more easily?

Never in doubt we would spoil the party it’s strangely bizarre we can only play for 45 minutes in a match.
Exactly what I posted at half time but seriously didn’t expect those subs and a total capitulation from the manager.
How the heck did he expect to win the game with one forward, nine defenders and Walker?