The Official Mansfield Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Birthday Laxatives "for all your party pooping needs") | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Official Mansfield Town Match Thread (Sponsored by Birthday Laxatives "for all your party pooping needs")

I'm not too pissed off. Penultimate game of the season and we were still in with a chance of making the playoffs.
This time last year we were happy to stay in the division.
A good summer in the transfer market and who knows next season we might be going up as champions

Trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead is a terrible tactical decision.

How’s clem not worked that out?
Lack of options up front?

Seriously fucked off this evening, I don’t think I want to watch these players next week either

SC is not blameless, but he got a very short straw inheriting this bunch of clowns.
He took on the job of improving the players, tactics and team play. Failed miserably in all requirements.

Could not even work out that putting two big guys up front together works in this division. Keep playing sideways tactics instead.

Big call now if we decide to keep with him or roll the dice.

You can blame Clem all you want but these players just haven't been good enough ALL season. We've seen glimpses of what they're capable of in bit parts. These players have been the same under 3 different managers. They clearly lack bottle, desire, attitude and character in general. Not convinced they'd play any different under most managers tbh. It's an unlikeable squad IMO for the reason mentioned above.

Clemence maybe part of the problem but until we get a squad that can consistently perform we won't know how much of the real problem Clemence actually is.

Subs today were bizarre but we've seen it all before without the subs. Just be glad when next week is done.

BG has some serious decisions to make in the next couple of weeks IMO, that could decide how we go as a club over the next 18 months on the pitch.

For Lge 2, most of the players seem good enough.
The last thing for "team spirit" is a mass clear-out.

Sorry, but I don't believe the "inconsistency" is entirely down to the players.
Surely instructions from management have been the main problem - both under NH and then under SC ?

Lack of options up front?

Seriously fucked off this evening, I don’t think I want to watch these players next week either
Me neither really.

But I’m going, mainly to just get the train up and have a few beers with people.

I think a much better thing will be to go, watch the game, then all disappear before the lap of honour.

I’ve just said to the wife I won’t be hanging around the clap thefuckers.

He took on the job of improving the players, tactics and team play. Failed miserably in all requirements.

Could not even work out that putting two big guys up front together works in this division. Keep playing sideways tactics instead.

Big call now if we decide to keep with him or roll the dice.

It need to one or the other.

Worst case is another mid-season managerial appointment.

I'm not too pissed off. Penultimate game of the season and we were still in with a chance of making the playoffs.
This time last year we were happy to stay in the division.
A good summer in the transfer market and who knows next season we might be going up as champions
Not with the vast majority of these underachievers.

Concerned about SC now, too. Shocking subs, for a start. Don't think he knows what's required at this level. Just hope he has cottoned on and can get suitable players in the Summer.

Me neither really.

But I’m going, mainly to just get the train up and have a few beers with people.

I think a much better thing will be to go, watch the game, then all disappear before the lap of honour.

I’ve just said to the wife I won’t be hanging around the clap thefuckers.
I'm looking forward to seeing most of these players....
....set up to perform as we have seen glimpses of.

Just not sure SC's approach is right for League 2.

Why were Nichols and Bonne moved on ?
The former worked well with Hawkins - until the latter got injured.
Then we saw Nichols chasing lost causes by himself.

Bonne started slowly (unfit) - but looked better as time went on.
Moved up a Division ???

As someone else said....
...lumping up to both Hawkins and Andrews was worth more than the 5 minutes we've seen so far.

NH was too negative for a promotion challenge.
Is SC trying to be too technical ?

Replacing SC would allow this team to evolve.
Replacing 10 or more of the squad would almost guarantee 10 games of team-building.

I'm looking forward to seeing most of these players....
....set up to perform as we have seen glimpses of.

Just not sure SC's approach is right for League 2.

Why were Nichols and Bonne moved on ?
The former worked well with Hawkins - until the latter got injured.
Then we saw Nichols chasing lost causes by himself.

Bonne started slowly (unfit) - but looked better as time went on.
Moved up a Division ???

As someone else said....
...lumping up to both Hawkins and Andrews was worth more than the 5 minutes we've seen so far.

NH was too negative for a promotion challenge.
Is SC trying to be too technical ?

Replacing SC would allow this team to evolve.
Replacing 10 or more of the squad would almost guarantee 10 games of team-building.
10 of the team need to go anyway!