Scally | Page 5 | Vital Football

Scally

Saw King Crimson in Chatham. They were very loud for three people. I’d heard of them because Buddha’s dad had got our music master at GGS to play 21st century schizoid man. I think Keith Christmas was the warm up. Started playing the riff from The Rolling Stones “Bitch” (we were ahem broader minded back then), then changed his mind and started doing his own stuff.

Re I talked to the trees; Spike Milligan used to sing ‘that’s why they locked me away”. As I say, we were broader minded back then.

Just been watching Yes at the Rainbow Theatre in Frinsbury Park from 1972.
I was there for that one.
Anyone remember The Rainbow?
They had some excellent bands at the time.
I saw Steeley Dan, Little Feat and The Doobies there. Plus Roxy Music.
Trying to rack my brains for who else.
Also Bowie at the Lewisham Odean and Hammersmith.
Golden days

Golden days
I remember going to see a little known band called The Yachts at the Rainbow.
Me and my mate got in the stage and got a mention the NME (that’s a blast from the past).
Happy days indeed.

Was at that Yachts gig. They were supporting XTC. I also remember our mini stage invasion but believe that was at a different gig.

Golden days
Sadly, Lewisham Odeon long gone now.
Saw the Clash there - epic.

circa '78 I travelled from Uni in Coventry to see the Gills at Oxford United (1 1 draw iirc) and then on to Earls Court to see Yes. Then back to Cov.

All done in my three wheeler Reliant van!!

I was flattered to be the inspiration for the Trotters, although mine was red.
;) :grinning:

circa '78 I travelled from Uni in Coventry to see the Gills at Oxford United (1 1 draw iirc) and then on to Earls Court to see Yes. Then back to Cov.

We always drew 1-1 at Oxford 🙄

Think I was at that one. Pissing down hard. We outnumbered them, probs over 2k of us in a sub 4K crowd. We had the whole side cos the terraces end was uncovered. Danny Westwood scored early for us. Coach I was on got bricked…fun days.

Think I was at that one. Pissing down hard. We outnumbered them, probs over 2k of us in a sub 4K crowd. We had the whole side cos the terraces end was uncovered. Danny Westwood scored early for us. Coach I was on got bricked…fun days.
I was at the game. Was convinced on the journey that it would get called off especially as Oxford’s pitch was usually a mud patch. Great goal from Danny and he nearly got a second but it ended up as our traditional 1:1 draw. People forget how bad the violence used to be at matches. I remember our coach getting surrounded by a mob at Leyton Orient. In the end we all got out and they didn’t like the idea of taking on a crowd so they just cleared off.

Yes, that's the one.

Saw King Crimson in Chatham. They were very loud for three people. I’d heard of them because Buddha’s dad had got our music master at GGS to play 21st century schizoid man. I think Keith Christmas was the warm up. Started playing the riff from The Rolling Stones “Bitch” (we were ahem broader minded back then), then changed his mind and started doing his own stuff.

Re I talked to the trees; Spike Milligan used to sing ‘that’s why they locked me away”. As I say, we were broader minded back then.

I was there too with dad. Drove a Morris Traveller and the cylinder head gasket gave out on the way home.