The Ollie Watkins Thread | Page 154 | Vital Football

The Ollie Watkins Thread

They always create a tonne of chances. Problem is they have Nicholas Jackson up front.
I honestly don't see enough of them to judge. I can only go off general stats and how dreadful they have been.

But to be in a desperate position in the league and have that many more penalties than the known cheating scum bags. I would at least have to raise half an eyebrow.

They always create a tonne of chances. Problem is they have Nicholas Jackson up front.
He hasn't actually been that bad, missed some sitters alright which translates to the oul "underperforming his xG". That said he has 1 in 3 record in his first season playing for an absolute shambles of a club.

There is a reason Unai didn't sign him tho which IMO goes beyond knowing what Ollie could be and signing Duran. He seems to have attitude issues and he is one of many at Chelsea who are playing for themselves.

Just a thought, now he's taken and scored a penalty in a shootout does that mean he'll be on the plane to the Euros or will Beaky come out with some other bollocks?

Why does there seem to be a not insignificant amount of people who think the main backup striker at a major international tournament should be picked solely on his ability at penalties?

Why don't any of them think we should pick a squad to actually win before penalties ffs.

Edit: It should also be pointed out that on MOTD they had a segment detailing that Brentford haven't missed Toney much this season.

Last edited:

Why does there seem to be a not insignificant amount of people who think the main backup striker at a major international tournament should be picked solely on his ability at penalties?

Why don't any of them think we should pick a squad to actually win before penalties ffs.

Edit: It should also be pointed out that on MOTD they had a segment detailing that Brentford haven't missed Toney much this season.
London bias.

He hasn't actually been that bad, missed some sitters alright which translates to the oul "underperforming his xG". That said he has 1 in 3 record in his first season playing for an absolute shambles of a club.

There is a reason Unai didn't sign him tho which IMO goes beyond knowing what Ollie could be and signing Duran. He seems to have attitude issues and he is one of many at Chelsea who are playing for themselves.
An even better post after yesterday's lash up

The thought of Ollie playing for that twat Southgate don't really do anything for me. Can't wait for the day when he's gone and i can enjoy watching England again.