Donny at home - harsh ? | Vital Football

Donny at home - harsh ?

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
Donny have been limited to just 435 tickets for their game at Priestfield next week. Could be that Donny might need to win to gain a play-off berth. Game is all-ticket for Donny fans with no sales on the day, demand is likely to outstrip supply by a large margin.

Harsh, or maybe last game of the season v Rotherham remains fresh in the minds of GFC ?

Donny have been limited to just 435 tickets for their game at Priestfield next week. Could be that Donny might need to win to gain a play-off berth. Game is all-ticket for Donny fans with no sales on the day, demand is likely to outstrip supply by a large margin.

Harsh, or maybe last game of the season v Rotherham remains fresh in the minds of GFC ?

I’d be surprised if there was a pitch invasion just for making the play offs. Maybe a few on the pitch if they were to score a very late goal but no more than that Shirley?

I’d be surprised if there was a pitch invasion just for making the play offs. Maybe a few on the pitch if they were to score a very late goal but no more than that Shirley?
Maybe. But if home fans get on the pitch and there are, say, a thousand opposition fans - who knows what`ll happen. After last season`s final fixture, and the trouble we got into (were we fined, can`t remember) I wonder whether our safety officer has concerns ? Donny have sold their allocation (and some of their fans have apparently bought tickets in home areas) and they reckon GFC will confirm on Monday whether Donny`s allocation will be increased.

Just for the record, as we`ll be in kind of a similar position on Saturday at Mansfield, I can confirm that I will not be invading the pitch and my ticket is in the away section - will be 550 to 600 Gills there.

Maybe. But if home fans get on the pitch and there are, say, a thousand opposition fans - who knows what`ll happen. After last season`s final fixture, and the trouble we got into (were we fined, can`t remember) I wonder whether our safety officer has concerns ? Donny have sold their allocation (and some of their fans have apparently bought tickets in home areas) and they reckon GFC will confirm on Monday whether Donny`s allocation will be increased.
Sets an awful precedence if based on potential for a pitch invasion. If donny are in with a shout of playoffs after saturday we should offer them the bottom of town end, take their money.

There won't be a pitch invasion from the Medway stand. We have a job getting down to the toilets at half-time.

Donny have asked for more seats and I really hope they get them.
How would we feel if we had a shot at the last play off spot (Oh! the irony) and were only allowed 400 tickets for an away game?

Our sexy LED advertising boards not only bring in revenue but act as a pitch invasion deterrent, no gaps to slip through and you'll have to have a certain level of fitness and sobriety to access the pitch.... this rules out the vast majority of supporters.

And they’re from China too, so anyone touching them will probably die instantly.

Implies no plan to use the town end.

Seems strange not to take as many sales as possible.

The Doncaster site says that the allocation is 222 on the side of the pitch and 213 behind the goal.

I can't see why we wouldn't open another BMS block or two up if they request more.

Are we waiting until after Saturday's results to see if there is a possibility of us making the play offs, before allocating Doncaster a bigger allocation?
I would say that's almost exactly what's happening. If we gave Donny the whole BMS and then we had a chance of the play-offs on the last day then our fans would piss and moan about it no doubt, whereas this way regardless of what happens there's still a full week to sell the tickets in any which way the demand dictates. Makes sense.

I would say that's almost exactly what's happening. If we gave Donny the whole BMS and then we had a chance of the play-offs on the last day then our fans would piss and moan about it no doubt, whereas this way regardless of what happens there's still a full week to sell the tickets in any which way the demand dictates. Makes sense.

That's a good shout Joe.

A win for us today and defeats for Donny, Crawley and Walsall would certainly set up the last day nicely.

FFS - Its the hope that kills you :-)

Might as well just give them the tickets then.
We are 16/1 to make it.

Obvs, I really hope this comment does not age well!

A win for us today and defeats for Donny, Crawley and Walsall would certainly set up the last day nicely.

We need 5 games to go the right way for that to happen.

IF we beat Mansfield and IF those other three all lose, Barrow will be safely in the play offs.

We'll be back to 8th BUT Doncaster play Colchester away on Tuesday. We need them to lose that too although a draw would still leave it in our hands.

Assuming the 5 games above do go the perfect way for us, next Saturday the situation before the games would be:

7th Crawley 66 points
8th Gills 66 points
9th Walsall 65 points
10th Doncaster 64 points

To make the playoffs we'd need another 2 or 3 games to go our way. i.e We beat Doncaster and have Crawley draw or lose at home to Grimsby.

A draw for us vs Doncaster would only be enough if Crawley lose and Walsall don't win.

I don't think the bookies are doing anyone any favours by offering only 16/1.

Sadly I fear it will all be over by 5pm tonight.

EDITS MADE WITH THANKS TO OneSirKeefy re #18

Last edited:
We need 5 games to go the right way for that to happen.

IF we beat Mansfield and IF those other three all lose, Barrow will be safely in the play offs.

We'll be back in 7th BUT Doncaster play Colchester away on Tuesday. We need them to lose that too although a draw would still leave it in our hands.

Assuming the 5 games above do go the perfect way for us, next Saturday the situation before the games would be:

6th Crawley 66 points
7th Gills 66 points
8th Walsall 65 points
9th Doncaster 64 points

To make the playoffs we'd need another 2 or 3 games to go our way. i.e We beat Doncaster and have Crawley draw or lose at home to Grimsby.

A draw for us vs Doncaster would only be enough if Crawley lose and Walsall don't win.

I don't think the bookies are doing anyone any favours by offering only 16/1.

Sadly I fear it will all be over by 5pm tonight.

Like Wycombe away all over again

I agree likely to be all over tonight