Manchester City v Real Madrid - Champions League- Quarter Final - 2nd Leg- Wednesday 17th April 2024- 20:00 BST- Preview and MDT | Page 10 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Real Madrid - Champions League- Quarter Final - 2nd Leg- Wednesday 17th April 2024- 20:00 BST- Preview and MDT

A long and, at its conclusion, a very frustrating night. I got home at 23.45.

The effort couldn't be faulted, but there were plenty of times I felt Madrid were just that half second quicker in thought and execution.

Skoorb was right in the MDT that there would be plenty of opponent shit housing, and so it proved.

Madrid were dangerous on the counter, yet I can't recall too many Ederson saves - the effort in the first half, and the goal, when the rebound dropped kindly for the scorer.

I honestly felt that if City equalised we would go on to win it; that glorious chance for KDB in the last ten minutes was the ONE.

I was surprised at the subbing of Haaland and KDB, as there was always the chance of penalties, and, looking at the finishers, where would ours come from?

At the conclusion, this was the most frustrating part, we got the advantage, to throw it away. Hindsight, as always, is wonderful, but maybe we should have front loaded our reliable takers.

Bernardo found his inner Sergio (Chelsea 2020/21).

Barring injury, there will be an English presence in the final. I just wonder if the press are building Bellingham up too much, only to knock him down if England fail in the summer?

Saturday will now be difficult, Rodders has hit a poor patch at the wrong time, and I suspect there will be plenty of changes, and, purely from these circumstances, I make Chelsea favourites, but they are so inconsistent, who knows what will happen?

We've still plenty to play for.

A long and, at its conclusion, a very frustrating night. I got home at 23.45.

The effort couldn't be faulted, but there were plenty of times I felt Madrid were just that half second quicker in thought and execution.

Skoorb was right in the MDT that there would be plenty of opponent shit housing, and so it proved.

Madrid were dangerous on the counter, yet I can't recall too many Ederson saves - the effort in the first half, and the goal, when the rebound dropped kindly for the scorer.

I honestly felt that if City equalised we would go on to win it; that glorious chance for KDB in the last ten minutes was the ONE.

I was surprised at the subbing of Haaland and KDB, as there was always the chance of penalties, and, looking at the finishers, where would ours come from?

At the conclusion, this was the most frustrating part, we got the advantage, to throw it away. Hindsight, as always, is wonderful, but maybe we should have front loaded our reliable takers.

Bernardo found his inner Sergio (Chelsea 2020/21).

Barring injury, there will be an English presence in the final. I just wonder if the press are building Bellingham up too much, only to knock him down if England fail in the summer?

Saturday will now be difficult, Rodders has hit a poor patch at the wrong time, and I suspect there will be plenty of changes, and, purely from these circumstances, I make Chelsea favourites, but they are so inconsistent, who knows what will happen?

We've still plenty to play for.
A good night, but a lot of if only.... KDB & EH asked Pep to take them off, they were knackered as was Akanji