General Football thread | Page 484 | Vital Football

General Football thread

Let's not hate chaps (other than him)

City, love them or hate them, are one of the best teams to grace the game.

I for one take no pleasure from others failing (other than him)

Dyche likely to pick Calvert Lewin upfront with Doucorre just behind. Ona a in midfield. With two big CB’s they have 5 players above 6 ft 2. With theirs and our track record it is obvious what’re game is won or lost.

Dyche likely to pick Calvert Lewin upfront with Doucorre just behind. Ona a in midfield. With two big CB’s they have 5 players above 6 ft 2. With theirs and our track record it is obvious what’re game is won or lost.
Godfrey at RB also. Beto to come on

Sarcasm aside, i fully concur.

The unfortunate thing is, our shite/deadwood - in spite of the deluded happy clappers estimate - will not generate no nothing money.

We need reddies, and the big guns know this.
Having a backstop of 30 June is obviously gonna hamstring us, hence the £20m valuation.

Honestly, the EPL have so much to answer for. VAR, bent refs, zero sponsorship and the little clubs are left to pick up the crumbs of the broken promises.

"Upon the pyre of the charred remains, the prideful provincial powerhouse gasps for honest graft and greets the artful plagiariser. Anti-happiness welcomes the masses"

SA
I would take the points penalty rather than sell Murillo for 20m (sarcasm acknowledged) whatever division.

£65 m for MGW , £65m for Murillo. Everyone else stays . If we go down, we will be back in the prem September 2025.

Everton this week got a reprieve in paying £158m debt to a company and two local business men. The biggest share of Everton debt £270m, is to Rights and Media who loan frequently to sporting concerns. Everton and Moshri got tied up with R&M back in 2015 when it was known as JG Funding. They were based in New Jersey and New York. The buildings in New Jersey look like the abattoir and the Bada Bada Bing club in Soprano’s. Tony is the man with the power behind Toffees.

FA Cup replays have been scrapped.

It was always coming.

I can't remember the last time we had a game go to a replay and I was happy about it. I do remember a few games where I would have preferred to lose than us have to play again

FA Cup replays have been scrapped.

It was always coming.

I can't remember the last time we had a game go to a replay and I was happy about it. I do remember a few games where I would have preferred to lose than us have to play again
EFL are furious as it's a money spinner for the clubs against the big boys - tickets and the TV money can be £100k+

EFL are furious as it's a money spinner for the clubs against the big boys - tickets and the TV money can be £100k+
It is if you get a replay at a big stadium like Old Trafford.

But it's IF you get to the third round

IF you get one of only maybe 6-7 clubs big enough to give that kind of windfall

And IF you get a replay.

It's not something that happens very often or to very many.

I doubt Blackpool or Bristol made a fortune from their replay with us, and they are probably more likely to face replays with Forest Green than Nottingham Forest.

A relay away at another small club possibly even costs clubs money- travel etc

All for that one, extremely rare windfall. That a club is pretty lucky if it ever gets once

It is if you get a replay at a big stadium like Old Trafford.

But it's IF you get to the third round

IF you get one of only maybe 6-7 clubs big enough to give that kind of windfall

And IF you get a replay.

It's not something that happens very often or to very many.

I doubt Blackpool or Bristol made a fortune from their replay with us, and they are probably more likely to face replays with Forest Green than Nottingham Forest.

A relay away at another small club possibly even costs clubs money- travel etc

All for that one, extremely rare windfall. That a club is pretty lucky if it ever gets once
Also, it could increase the number of shocks, as better teams are more likely to lose a penalty shoot out than lose in a replay.

The League cup and the FA cup are being watered down, possibly eradicated, at least one of them. This to make room for UEFA and FIFA to expand European football for the big rich clubs. The Champions league next season expands from 6 mini leagues to eight and an extra knock out stage. More teams, more games, more money. To do this domestic leagues need to be smaller and less domestic cups. The small clubs are squeezed again and the big get richer. English teams, along with German, Spanish and Italian will have 5 entries into champions league. Rich get richer, poor poorer. The Cartel continues. European league by stealth. P&S, Squad %, reduction of domestic leagues and cups, cessation of trickle down to EFL of monies. UEFA is spoiling our game. The PL have a lot to be criticised for but their arms are being twisted by UEFA.

Like watching International football. The standard isn’t better. The early rounds are fairly boring and awful. It isn’t until the knockout stage, where the better players are on, do we see anything of note. It is all very forgettable until the quarter-finals. Unlike the FA cup. Third round, knockout Man City v Arsenal or Wrexham v Man Utd. In UEFA model a team can lose three games in mini league and still progress. This is designed to ensure no upsets and same teams top teams milk rewards.