Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City

Just about out of the car park 🤪 but what a night. Imps fans sang from beginning to end and got our reward. Will post more considered thoughts tomorrow, hard to type and drive…..
Just on the ref, to be honest I’ve seen similar games with no yellow cards given at all.

Presumably a fine coming for 8 yellows.
Some sort of record for Moylan coming in 76 and being subbed

It's being reported that Reeco has a suspected dislocated shoulder from tonight.
Can't see him back for the 2 or 5 games left now

That win feels so good!! Starting off with the d*** comment from their stadium announced ‘our penultimate REGULAR season game’. You’re probably right, but they’re not there yet!!

Next the ref - booked Mitchell and Duffy for tackles that clearly got the ball. Didn’t book their lad Dale for 2 fouls that are bookings. They got away with everything. Erhahon, Taylor, O’Connor all got nonsense bookings that should never have been cards. House with possibly the funniest (deserved) yellow I’ve ever seen though! Duffy does get the ball for his 2nd yellow, but it wasn’t the best of tackles. Lino forgot his flag for them, and kept on wanting to prove he had it in the 2nd half. Tbh - a couple of their yellows were a bit odd calls given what he allowed.

Their fans weren’t bad, need a few songs rather than just 1 though. They were put to shame by 1,114 imps singing for 99 minutes though. Absolutely fantastic support and probably a key reason we got over the line. Completely agree with them in the 90th minute though - the referee did not know what he was doing.

Sean Roughan was absolutely magnificent. Stepped up a level today. Jensen proving why he’s the best keeper in the league. In general the team were great but those 2 deserve call outs.

Bring on Cheltenham! And come on Steve Evans! (Nope, no matter the context, still feels wrong)

It's being reported that Reeco has a suspected dislocated shoulder from tonight.
Can't see him back for the 2 or 5 games left now
MS said as much in his post-match interview, Reeco was in hospital for further assessment.

From family experience recovery depends on (1) frequency of occurence and (2) severity of the dislocation, it can sometimes pop back in and tendons recover fairly quickly. Sobriety can also be an issue but not in Reeco's case! When it's out, it's seriously uncomfortable.

Here's hoping for Reeco's rapid recovery.

Just home, oh what a night, beating the 12 men of Oxford (on the pitch), plus another Lino who couldn’t keep up with play. Players were magnificent and the fans matched them - that’s the best away end I’ve been in for a long long time. Need sleep with ‘red and white army’ still on repeat in my head!

I haven't read their forum but on Twitter, 99% of posts I've seen are actually very complimentary of how we went about it last night.

Just about recovered from that. We were all heart, desire and passion. Just like the fans who support them. It was a special atmosphere from the imps fans. It was a privilege to witness live. Special mention to Ethan in the middle. What a combination of talent and shithousery he is. I can see why the Oxford fans are enraged about him. Ho hum. I can also see why the Lincoin fans are enraged by Lee Swabey. A clown of epic proportions. He tried so hard to cost us didn't he? In the end, we just wanted it more. Danny and Lucas were also magnificent. Can't wait for Saturday. We do seem to be running out of players though. Hope Bish is back soon.

I haven't read their forum but on Twitter, 99% of posts I've seen are actually very complimentary of how we went about it last night.
Have a gleg, it seems to be mainly mardy teenagers getting a cob on about us being 'dirty'.............no mention of northerners tho!