Season comparisons | Vital Football

Season comparisons

Walthamstow wanderer

Alert Team
Staff member

I posted this on another thread , but thought it might need a discussion of its own .​

Comparison with past seasons (first 32 matches)​

flag

Tottenham's record after 32 matches in the same league/division
GPWDLGFGAPts *Comparison
2023-2024321868654960-
2022-20233216511585153+7 pts
2021-20223218311563857+3 pts
2020-20213214810543750+10 pts
2019-20203212911514445+15 pts
If the above isn’t progress , I.m not sure what is .

Also , this is the first season in the last five that we have had a coach for a complete season

I think in fairness we are trying to walk before we can crawl. I am as frustrated as anyone on here with results and performances but as I posted a few weeks ago,this is Anges first season in the toughest league in the world,light years ahead of the Scottish league,yet we are still in the mix for CL with 6 games to go. Any one of us, including myself,would have bit your hand off to be in this position at the start of the season. Ange is learning as the season progresses and I know we will be even better next season. We have landed a Gem in Ange, believe me.

I think in fairness we are trying to walk before we can crawl. I am as frustrated as anyone on here with results and performances but as I posted a few weeks ago,this is Anges first season in the toughest league in the world,light years ahead of the Scottish league,yet we are still in the mix for CL with 6 games to go. Any one of us, including myself,would have bit your hand off to be in this position at the start of the season. Ange is learning as the season progresses and I know we will be even better next season. We have landed a Gem in Ange, believe me.
Hell of a post there vinnie, 100% wiv you all the way. COYS

Yet the narrative..........Conte's defensive nous vs Ange's naivety.
Hang on. The pummelings we took were at the hands of others. There were 3 head coaches over the course of the season.

In his first he bagged us 4th & a CL placing. Okay he lost the plot as he usually tends to do the following season & yet we were still 4th, albeit we were treading water at the time. My case in point, we nosedived after he left the club, not during his spell here. Stop trying to rewrite history you rotter you 😋

Comparison with past seasons (first 32 matches​

flag

GPWDLGFGAPts *Comparison
2023-2024321868654960-

Also , this is the first season in the last five that we have had a coach for a complete season
Good stats Walt, it's hard to argue with your statement as regards progress. The only caution I would point out, as I have on several occasions before, is that our early season fixture list was quite generous, which set the season up well for this type of comparative data. Ultimately it's the 38 match season that matters. If we were to lose to Newcastle, Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Chelsea in five of the last seven games, these comparatives will not look anywhere near as good as they do currently. Win three of those five games (four now) and the numbers will look even better.

Good stats Walt, it's hard to argue with your statement as regards progress. The only caution I would point out, as I have on several occasions before, is that our early season fixture list was quite generous, which set the season up well for this type of comparative data. Ultimately it's the 38 match season that matters. If we were to lose to Newcastle, Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Chelsea in five of the last seven games, these comparatives will not look anywhere near as good as they do currently. Win three of those five games (four now) and the numbers will look even better.

We drew with Liverpool and Arsenal and beat United in those first 10 games....and then a few games later we drew with City.

I posted this on another thread , but thought it might need a discussion of its own .​

Comparison with past seasons (first 32 matches)​

flag

GPWDLGFGAPts *Comparison
2023-2024321868654960-

And now all Ange has to do is equal or beat Conte's run in for CL. Simples. 🤔

Vinnie, the only thing Ange seems to be learning is that this squad is not capable of playing his way without conceding a hatful of chances. Question is whether he has done enough to justify bringing in replacements.

Vinnie, the only thing Ange seems to be learning is that this squad is not capable of playing his way without conceding a hatful of chances. Question is whether he has done enough to justify bringing in replacements.
Oh he is learning alright LT mate,he's just keeping cool in front of the Media,who always want Spurs to fail for whatever reasons,but he has done enough this season,hence my previous post,to warrant a 2nd season and getting the players who can adapt to his way of playing.So yeah he has done enough.

You speak the truth.

Vinnie, the only thing Ange seems to be learning is that this squad is not capable of playing his way without conceding a hatful of chances.
Hi LT, for me that's, actually the issue, we're too often conceding from very few chances, and at the other end we seem to have stopped bombarding the opposition goal with attempts lately, looking for the 'perfect tap in'