Cycling 2024 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cycling 2024

That's handed Flanders to MVDP on a plate. And maybe Roubaix too. But a lot of riders will now have opportunities.

It was a strong performance by Jorgenson yesterday. Tarling as well. He's one to watch. He might dominate time trials for the next few years.

Tomorrow's race and Paris /Roubaix my two favourites the atmosphere is mental on course and in the bars. Them Belgium's can sup some stuff!

Count how many times Carlton says "quite frankly". He's incredibly predictable and repetitive after you've listened to him for a bit.

It was as dominant as expected from MVDP. Shame not to see Pogacar there because that would have been an incredible battle too close to call.

Josh Tarling was only 2 minutes behind, coming in 17th. Within 1 minute of everyone but MVDP. That is phenomenal. Watch out for him in Roubaix where there's far less climbing. Fred Wright came in 7:35 behind in 50th, and I'd expect him to be the better of the two in that race. There are a handful of other very good riders Tarling beat. He's only 20. He's going to be great. Maybe somewhere in between Stannard and Wiggins.

Very disappointed not to see Kasia Niewiadoma win the women's race. Deserved to win. Deserves to have won more generally.

Last edited:
The Roubaix one doesn't appeal so much. I value my wheels too much. Can't imagine how many bad bumps they'll take if you don't get your line spot on. Puncturing too likely. And crashing would also seem too likely.

The Roubaix one doesn't appeal so much. I value my wheels too much. Can't imagine how many bad bumps they'll take if you don't get your line spot on. Puncturing too likely. And crashing would also seem too likely.
Your right, when I did it I was younger and foolish also riding on sponsored kit.
Some of the cobbles are 'killers' and must be avoided, the cobbles sections have to be ridden at a decent speed to try and smooth them out.

Your right, when I did it I was younger and foolish also riding on sponsored kit.
Some of the cobbles are 'killers' and must be avoided, the cobbles sections have to be ridden at a decent speed to try and smooth them out.
Much like the real thing, I bet it's also a problem battling for position on the crest of the road. I'd want to drop as many people as possible as quickly as possible to try and give me space. Same applies at any such event, but especially one like this.

That's the TdF handed to Pogacar. A shame for the spectacle, similar to Van Aert being removed from Flanders and Roubaix.

Vingegaard will never be the same again. You can say that with some certainty after injuries like that. Similar to what happened to Froome and Bernal.

Looks like Strava KOM style tailwinds for me there.....

The Colnago frame has arrived. Finish is immaculate. Very nice and good quality. Very light. It'll look like a much more expensive frame to anyone's eye. Only the odd small imperfection as far as I can tell so far, and a bloody UAE flag on the seat tube which I'll have to sticker over.

That's the TdF handed to Pogacar. A shame for the spectacle, similar to Van Aert being removed from Flanders and Roubaix.

Vingegaard will never be the same again. You can say that with some certainty after injuries like that. Similar to what happened to Froome and Bernal.

The big difference appears to be that Vingegaard’s injuries all appear to be to his top half.
Froome and Bernal both had pelvic damage and broken femurs. Despite his age, I can see Vingegaard possibly coming back to something like.
Roglic and Remco should be ok.
First time I’ve seen the 3 favourites in a race, all be wiped out in one incident.
Hope they and Jay Vine all recover asap. Racing will not be the same without them.

Pleased for Tom yesterday......... his bike handling skills are at the very top.....second to none.

Did you get the frame built up?
Not yet. I'm going to build the Pinarello first. Originally intended to only buy that one frame. But it's been delayed twice now. Most recently due to the earthquake in Taiwan..... FFS!

Giant is back in good order anyway. Relief to get back on it. New wheels seem solid.

Great win for Stevie Williams in the Fleche Wallone yesterday. Very hard course, atrocious weather and freezing cold temperatures.

I’ve never seen so many highly trained athletes in their mid-twenties, looking like 50 to 60 year olds after getting to the finish.

So, two British winners in the Spring Classics within 4 days.
Any chance of a third on Sunday?
Very doubtful. Looks made for MvdP - but you never know.
Stranger things have happened. (Like Hillsborough getting a safety certificate!)

Amazing win for Williams to take.

Very pleased to see Kasia Niewiadoma win the women's race too. One of the best moments of the season. Beyond overdue.

If MVDP wins on Sunday that will surely be the most dominant classics season anyone's had in years. Just a shame about some rivals being injured.

Won't be long till the Giro starts either. Which I think Pogacar is going for. Always a good race. It's the one that basically got me into cycling, in 2011.