Bonne | Vital Football

Bonne

Just checked. Itā€™s actually his 3rd start. He does have 7 goals. 5 for us, 1 for Zimbabwe and 1 Cambridge. 1 was in the cup so only 5 league goals all season.

Not a season he, or we, needed from him.
Joke from Joe Comper at the awards night:

ā€œThis season has been characterised by a lack of goals and a bit of a car crash, but enough about Macauley Bonneā€

Joke from Joe Comper at the awards night:

ā€œThis season has been characterised by a lack of goals and a bit of a car crash, but enough about Macauley Bonneā€
Actually that's a pretty cheap shot, considering that lack of goals is absolutely a team /recruitment responsibility and goes back way beyond the time Bonne joined.

Actually that's a pretty cheap shot, considering that lack of goals is absolutely a team /recruitment responsibility and goes back way beyond the time Bonne joined.
Its meant to be a fun evening and I'd imagine Joe Comper was just trying to inject a little humour into our slightly dissapointing season and possibly thinks in following Gills that most attending would have a SOH.

Sounds like he left on bad terms.
Given the nature of the accident. If I had been in the car as a work colleague I would have been pissed off with him big time.It is easy to believe the accident was the moment we failed to win promotion. NH's attempts to brush it under the carpet might have worked with some .But if I was in that car it wouldn't have ended there.What he did was unforgivable it was only the grace of god that nobody was killed.

Given the nature of the accident. If I had been in the car as a work colleague I would have been pissed off with him big time.It is easy to believe the accident was the moment we failed to win promotion. NH's attempts to brush it under the carpet might have worked with some .But if I was in that car it wouldn't have ended there.What he did was unforgivable it was only the grace of god that nobody was killed.
He's not all bad:

He's not all bad:
I am pleased if it was a moment of madness. I hope he did stand up in front of the whole dressing room and apologise for his foolish actions. I would be willing to forgive if he took this difficult step.But I would equally understand if those in the car, their friends and families couldn't.

Jesus disagrees.
I am totally with that I recently was put to the test on this sort of subject. By someone very close attacking verbally and to a lesser extent physically someone else very close to me.With the Lords help I was able to control my feelings and defuse the situation a little. But the two people directly involved might never see eye to eye again. When you are directly involved in a nasty incident it is very hard to step back.Looking at it now I am certain both parties in my case will be pleased I did .But I only did it with his help and it was one of the most difficult things I have ever done.

Last edited:
No. He deserved it. Wrongun. Shocking car crash in his fancy car. Absolute to##er imo. Only put in a shift in the Spotters match 'cos they were booing him pre kick off. Waste of space the rest of the time, even taking into account our shit midfield failing to do its job.

Good riddance.

A Spottter mate said to me when we signed him "Bonne? You can have him."

Nuff said

Last edited:
Ipswich fans would say otherwise, but if we value Spotters fans opinions more, then fair enough.

He was feeding on scraps for us, as a target man or sole striker, having never done that before as far as I can understand. Maybe Alfie May would have done better in that role. I don't know. Bonne had Norwood, Pigott, Chaplin and Jackson to share the load at Ipswich.

He certainly isn't responsible for 3 seasons of lack of goals. The problems run much deeper, as has been shown since he left.

Regarding the car accident, that was appalling but it looked like it was a more powerful car than he is used to driving. Was it his? Strange that it was on film but the police still only made him attend the same course that I did after driving at 35 mph in a 30 limit. Something odd there.

My foot slipped from the brake to the accelerator once as I was turning in to a building site and my front wheels went down in to a trench. Shit happens. Or maybe I am just a wrongun. Guilty as charged.

Last edited: