Our NHS (n/G) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Our NHS (n/G)

No I am not.

Goodnight.
When you wake up, have a look at this

Foreign nationals use £2 billion of NHS services a year, and £100 million of this is claimed back from their home state

This was your argument remember, I wasn't even referring to foreign nationals!

My wife has had excellent care from the nhs especially heart op at st thomas's london. Also local respiratory care is great as is the oxygen supplier.
Has to be balanced against medway hospital care.
She was taken into medway by ambulance with heart and respiratory by ambulance in jan this year. Having to lay on a trolley in A&E and in their corridors for nearly four days did not help especially as those on oxygen should not be in the corridors. Many staff were rude and uncaring and many patients left to mess themselves. Obviously some very good staff as well.
We made sure we got her home as quickly as possible ao at least she was relaxed before passing.
So sad that folk are having to be left on trolleys in corridor s for such extended periods. Must have been very difficult and upsetting for you and your family. Sorry for your loss, Jerry.

So sad that folk are having to be left on trolleys in corridor s for such extended periods. Must have been very difficult and upsetting for you and your family. Sorry for your loss, Jerry.
Thanks Lancs. Hard after 45 years of marriage.

I am 100% in favour of a fully funded and efficient nhs through the NI so it really upsets me when you see problems first hand.

At medway four years ago and last april the wait in A&E and getting a bed was in only a few hours.
This time it was an absolute nightmare and evidently not unusual. Being pushed out into corridors so that the metrics are met. If you dont have someone with you 24hrs a day then the patiant may not get to the toilet or sick bowl or receive water etc as there aren't any buzzers and hardly any staff at night. Even have to check and find oxygen bottles for the person your with.

In order to fix something, it has to be broken first.
The Tories have made sure they have broken the NHS in order to privitise large profitable chunks of it.
That's not to say the old NHS was perfect. Junior Doctors hours were horrific and dangerous when my wife worked in the NHS.

In order to fix something, it has to be broken first.
The Tories have made sure they have broken the NHS in order to privitise large profitable chunks of it.
That's not to say the old NHS was perfect. Junior Doctors hours were horrific and dangerous when my wife worked in the NHS.
What is profitable about that for the Government?

Yes, you have the likes of BUPA and Benenden Health where you can choose to go, and maybe get an operation earlier but also the NHS is paying some private enterprises to take some of the pressure off them. My partner is having an endoscopy at a Private Hospital shortly which is coming out of the NHS budget, but she isn't paying for it.

The tipping point will be if any part of the NHS say they are withdrawing a service or that it must separately be paid for. Then it will no longer be free at the point of use/need. That may happen, but not so far.

Last edited:
What is profitable about that for the Government?

Yes, you have the likes of BUPA and Benenden Health where you can choose to go, and maybe get an operation earlier but also the NHS is paying some private enterprises to take some of the pressure off them. My partner is having an endoscopy at a Private Hospital shortly which is coming out of the NHS budget, but she isn't paying for it.

The tipping point will be if any part of the NHS say they are withdrawing a service or that it must separately be paid for. Then it will no longer be free at the point of use/need. That may happen, but not so far.
Private hospitals are carrying out an increasing number of operations paid for by the NHS. One issue, though, is that the majority of private hospitals do not have emergency facilities, so have to call 999 for an ambulance should anything not go to plan with an operation.

Private hospitals are carrying out an increasing number of operations paid for by the NHS. One issue, though, is that the majority of private hospitals do not have emergency facilities, so have to call 999 for an ambulance should anything not go to plan with an operation.
Definitely. Even a few years ago, a friend said one of her family had an operation at the Benenden hospital and, during their recovery, they were shocked by the lack of staff there at the weekend, to raise the alarm if there were issues.

Last edited:
Not only that but people have died waiting for a transfer between a private hospital and an NHS ICU when things have gone wrong at a private hospital.

And if they've moved to the UK the NHS doesn't bill their original home nation.

So guess what happens when you admit millions of poor, low-tax paying people?
They do our shit low paid jobs (hence not much tax) that we aren't prepared to do. Get rid of them and we are f###ed.

In the last 2 years, receiving cancer care (not a serious issue yet), I believe I've met one 'indigenous white' person, a receptionist at my local hospital and one Spaniard at Kings College hospital. Every other person (several dozen) has been one of these "pesky foreigners", especially "brown" ones.

I will forever be grateful for their presence and work here. My treatment has been excellent. F### knows how I'd be without them.

Does anyone know where any of these 40 new hospitals are?

They've repainted a ward in my local hospital. Perhaps that counts as one.

In the last 2 years, receiving cancer care (not a serious issue yet), I believe I've met one 'indigenous white' person, a receptionist at my local hospital and one Spaniard at Kings College hospital. Every other person (several dozen) has been one of these "pesky foreigners", especially "brown" ones.
That doesn't.supriae me, when my son had an operation at Lewisham hospital when he was a baby we were.the only white patients on the ward.