Rate the Ref: Home to Wigan 13 April 2024

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
Martin Coy (according to the BBC) was the man in the middle today
How do you think he did
Comments and votes out of 10 please

AVERAGE SCORE 1.69

Last edited:
Worst we have had for a while, little control or consistency, not helped by weak inadequate linesmen too often behind play.

2 He's always the same, remember him from past performances

Micheal Skubala played too safe a game.Should have attacked them from the start, layed too far off, theres respect and respect.Can't remember 3 disallowed by linesman in a game, why take Taylor off, he was the only one who was going to score in this one, overload front and make them stay up field, sit defence on halfway line.

2/10 - control, decision making and use of cards all inconsistent. A strong and disciplined referee for this game was needed and we didn’t get one (not putting all the blame on the ref but the officials certainly didn’t help).

2. He was crap. They like a shirt pull, missed loads, gave some and inexplicably did caution a really obvious one he gave. Is doesn’t understand the shoulder charge rule, getting one wrong each way. Control - had none, he completely lost that game as shown by whatever the lad who was subbed was up to then the melee at the end. As for the linesman, there is no was that ball was out on the touch line. I waited this morning to comment so I could see it back, but 1) it wasn’t out, 2) he didn’t have a side on angle to give it. A mistake of Busby proportions to screw us over

Weak, naive and incompetent
You can't guess at decisions, that's just plain wrong.
Had no control and let the Wigan players con him time and again, even letting them push him.
We've had some poor ones this season but he's the worst I've seen this for either Lincoln City or Lincoln United!
Shocking

2. Ok first half but lost it second half. It looked like he was booking by numbers. Linesman on the Co-op was utterly clueless too.

No control second half, the Lino on the Co op side had no idea, wafted his flag about, cost us a goal, how he knew the ball was out was impossible from his angle, he just guessed, wrongly 2.