Things I'd love Brad to do in the summer... | Vital Football

Things I'd love Brad to do in the summer...

ME2blue

Vital Squad Member
Things I'd love Brad to do in the summer

1. Arrange the signings of Sean Raggett, Danilo Orsi, Ronan Darcy and Tom Eaves.
2. Sort out the Town End with a roof and some decent lighting
3. Sort out the wonky letters on the Rainham End.
4. Be ruthless. Look more closely at what AH, KJ and PS contribute to proceedings. Recruitment has been pony, particularly offensively.
5. Don't mess about with the manager situation. If SC continues this season in the same vein, bin him after 10 games. Let's hit the ground running.

Chairman Brad Galinson said this week on social media that the club “need change to best arm ourselves for something more exciting, ruthless, and worthy. Off the pitch things are better but the football is not.”

He knows. I back Brad & Shannon.

5. Don't mess about with the manager situation. If SC continues this season in the same vein, bin him after 10 games. Let's hit the ground running.
I refer you to my separate post about changing manager mid season about how exactly that is a very bad idea.

Things I'd love Brad to do in the summer

1. Arrange the signings of Sean Raggett, Danilo Orsi, Ronan Darcy and Tom Eaves.
2. Sort out the Town End with a roof and some decent lighting
3. Sort out the wonky letters on the Rainham End.
4. Be ruthless. Look more closely at what AH, KJ and PS contribute to proceedings. Recruitment has been pony, particularly offensively.
Agree with all, except 2., where the money would be better spent on 1. (not necessarily those players, but they would all improve us) and making improvements in respect of 4. and potentially 5, if Brad goes down that route.

No 2 - the Gillingham End - is the most important as far as I am concerned. Very disappointed with Mr Compers comments regarding the financial viability of converting it into safe standing. He is falling into the accountants trap - knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. The lack of atmosphere when the team kicks towards the empty end must have a negative effect and needs to be addressed urgently.

No 2 - the Gillingham End - is the most important as far as I am concerned. Very disappointed with Mr Compers comments regarding the financial viability of converting it into safe standing. He is falling into the accountants trap - knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. The lack of atmosphere when the team kicks towards the empty end must have a negative effect and needs to be addressed urgently.
I think everyone would like the Town end sorted but until we get people wanting to attend games at Priestfield it is a pointless exercise, definitely the right move not to consider it until promotion is achieved and more away support comes with it.

I think everyone would like the Town end sorted but until we get people wanting to attend games at Priestfield it is a pointless exercise, definitely the right move not to consider it until promotion is achieved and more away support comes with it.
For me it's one of those "when the time is right" jobs.

The money's got to come from somewhere, I don't know if everyone would be so keen to do it now if we were told that all the costs for doing so would mean directly reducing the summer's squad budget by that amount? (let's just assume that money would actually be spent well this time)

We clearly haven't got loads of fans that we can't currently accommodate so most weeks you're likely just increasing your matchday costs and mostly just shuffling the same fans around the ground (to possibly lower ticket receipts).

I also don't necessarily buy the idea that attacking toward an empty stand has been that significant a factor, as we've been largely shit at both ends.