Team vs Sheffield Wednesday | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team vs Sheffield Wednesday

DW says it doesn't feel like a defeat and proud how good we defended. Says that we were clinical enough.

Says we competed so well.

Point away from home this could be a massive point.

Gibbs has an injury and will be out on weekend and could be longer.

Sargent was a tactical swap....my god DW you fool

Will Rowe come in and replace Gibbs on the bench or will it be another youngster so another space on the bench DW will not use?

Down to only Fassnacht as the only sub he will use. It will be interesting to see what subs he throws on now.

Butler and bromby saying DW obviously doesn't rate SvH and maybe didn't want him here in the first place.

I forgot to say that DW said that Duffy had a muscular concern and was really tired, so he couldn't start.
He could of played more than a couple of minutes though eh ffs, from 70th min you could see we needed him on, gibson cant head plus had a cut and he still didnt put Duffer on, total DW fault, i still dont rate him even if we make play offs

It's interesting that DW goes on about how thin the squad is after BK decided to streamline it ...which I think bk did to force DW to involve more youngsters ..... He says it's hard to rotate because we don't have the squad to do it, but then says we have talented youngsters on the bench.

For me you can make two changes for a game and that can be like a refresh (SvH for barnes and Gibbs for Nunez/McLean for example) or even more than the two subs late in a game that he does, but DW doesn't which in turns ours extra pressure on the thin squad. He isn't helping by not willing to mix it up a little. He also isn't helping by asking players to sit back and soak up all the pressure when they are tiring.

That game last night you could see players were getting tired and falling away. Gibbs for Sargent was a ridiculous move. If you were going to sit back then throw on a Gibbs (move McLean into defence) /Duffy for Barnes...a SvH or Aboh later for a Sargent, a Welch for Sainz.

He could of played more than a couple of minutes though eh ffs, from 70th min you could see we needed him on, gibson cant head plus had a cut and he still didnt put Duffer on, total DW fault, i still dont rate him even if we make play offs
Yeah, but DW can't read a game and can't seem to change it.

It's interesting that DW goes on about how thin the squad is after BK decided to streamline it ...which I think bk did to force DW to involve more youngsters ..... He says it's hard to rotate because we don't have the squad to do it, but then says we have talented youngsters on the bench.

For me you can make two changes for a game and that can be like a refresh (SvH for barnes and Gibbs for Nunez/McLean for example) or even more than the two subs late in a game that he does, but DW doesn't which in turns ours extra pressure on the thin squad. He isn't helping by not willing to mix it up a little. He also isn't helping by asking players to sit back and soak up all the pressure when they are tiring.

That game last night you could see players were getting tired and falling away. Gibbs for Sargent was a ridiculous move. If you were going to sit back then throw on a Gibbs (move McLean into defence) /Duffy for Barnes...a SvH or Aboh later for a Sargent, a Welch for Sainz.

It's funny you say that about youngsters as I was talking to someone about it today. He really seems to be against the idea of blooding in young players and does not trust them. It feels like if this had been in the Farke era in this league he would have given a few of them a chance to make a claim.

Has Wagner actually given anyone from our youth team a chance since his arrival? Rowe, Omi and Idah were all established first teamers when he arrived and even then two of them didn't seem to be trusted.

Hopefully we see the back of Wagner in the summer.

It's funny you say that about youngsters as I was talking to someone about it today. He really seems to be against the idea of blooding in young players and does not trust them. It feels like if this had been in the Farke era in this league he would have given a few of them a chance to make a claim.

Has Wagner actually given anyone from our youth team a chance since his arrival? Rowe, Omi and Idah were all established first teamers when he arrived and even then two of them didn't seem to be trusted.

Dw has spoken two or three times about how he has helped youth players break into the first team over his career, and for all these statements, he can only mention two players, Rowe and Billing. Rowe was pushed by Smith, and he was looking to have him as a first-teamer but got injured. Then, when he was fully fit, DW was here, so for me, it was not down to DW. Billing had been at the club for two seasons, and in his first season, DW hardly played him. It was another of those who the club rated and pushed hard...much like Rowe. That is, he can't name any more in his 14-year career. DF, in his time, has done a lot for the youth.

We probably would have seen more of Aboh, Lima, and players like Hills around and playing if it were DW.

Will DW get Rowe on the bench for the weekend? If not, Fassnacht and Batth/Duffy will be the only players that DW will throw on during the game. Imagine it is 1-0 to PNE. Will DW throw on Aboh and SvH? Nah, it will be Fassnacht, and that is it.

I am sure somewhere I read that there were noises that dw might be gone in summer - was it Sutton on his piece on Ink un - maybe it was some unofficial site. I thought it could be true, but now I am unsure as we are in the playoff fight. DW's managerial record is still not great and has a total win percentage over his time of 36% at five clubs over 14 years.