Rowley | Vital Football

Rowley

One of the worst things he says for me is, the ball has gone "behind" for a "throw in" ????

Not just a slip of the tongue once he says it regularly. Along with things like Peter Houghton crossed a ball like that once. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Very knowledgeable chap, but has one of the most annoying, whiny voices I've ever had the misfortune to hear. Really makes my skin crawl. Don't wish him any harm, but he really needs replacing by someone more appealing to the masses.

They should try something like the fanzone commentary they used to have on skysports. Not a supporter of each team but just get a couple of different latics fans in each game to do it. Could offer a free ticket or some other sort of incentive to season ticket holders.

Also a bit of pre and post match stuff on the stream wouldnt go a miss

They should try something like the fanzone commentary they used to have on skysports. Not a supporter of each team but just get a couple of different latics fans in each game to do it. Could offer a free ticket or some other sort of incentive to season ticket holders.

Also a bit of pre and post match stuff on the stream wouldnt go a miss

We've got enough fans who like their sound of their own voices that's for sure.

To be fair to the guy is he an actual commentator or is he a guy filling in for someone else who couldn't make it on the night?

To be fair to the guy is he an actual commentator or is he a guy filling in for someone else who couldn't make it on the night?
He's a BBC Political correspondent, normally reporting on the radio re stuff happening in Parliament. But, he's from Wiggin, and a lifelong Tics fan, so in a dodgy jigsaw-piece that you need to knock together with your fist kind of way, he's a Plan B option when others aren't available.

He's a BBC Political correspondent, normally reporting on the radio re stuff happening in Parliament. But, he's from Wiggin, and a lifelong Tics fan, so in a dodgy jigsaw-piece that you need to knock together with your fist kind of way, he's a Plan B option when others aren't available.
Ginger Darren is a lifelong tic, I think he could do a better job commentating than Rowley.

Not much of a Plan B then. Someone, anyone can do a better job that he can.

I lost count of the number of times he mentioned the date of the FA Cup final and the fact that we had only won twice in London since and that Ben Watson was an ex-Charlton player who lived up the road and was probably at the game. He nearly wet himself when Callum came on because he was only a teen sensation at the FA Cup final that Ben Watson scored the winning goal from a corner taken by the current Manager
Sean Maloney and he is now a senior player who had 12 months out of the game before coming back to Wigan and will be looking for a contract extension as he is out of contract at the end of this season.

By the way we scored twice about five minutes ago. 2-1 to Latics which if we manage to hold on will be the third time we have won in London since......... and repeat.