League One Match Thread (09/04/24 - 10/04/24) | Vital Football

League One Match Thread (09/04/24 - 10/04/24)

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
This thread is now open to discuss Tuesday and Wednesday night's League One matches...

Tuesday 9th April:

Blackpool v Fleetwood Town
Bristol Rovers v Reading
Charlton Athletic v Wigan Athletic
Cheltenham Town v Carlisle United
Leyton Orient v Exeter City
Stevenage v Barnsley

Wednesday 10th April:

Peterborough United v Port Vale
Wycombe Wanderers v Derby County

I think the Stevenage v Barnsley one is difficult to predict as both seem out of form at the moment. Stevenage struggling to score goals so could go either way and from a Lincoln point of view I’d say either a draw or Stevenage win and that way Barnsley also starting to look over their shoulder although overall I think they’ll still make the playoffs . Imps 4ever

Special offer, one night only (and it makes me feel dirty) but I think a Stevenage win would be the most helpful, Barnsley are staggering towards the play offs.

(a) there's and outside chance Oxford and us could push them out altogther and (b) if they do make it, form and confidence will be low, though play-offs have a habit of creating their own momentum.

I'll bet Hortin is hoping Wigan have the same selection on Saturday as he'll just stick to calling their players Smith

Wigan also have three Charlies. And a Goode and a Godo.

That'll really confuse Mr H.

Blackpool 1 Fleetwood 0

I don't think any of us expect Fleetwood to get anything there. Will put Blackpool a point behind us having played a game more

Be good if Stevenage could win tonight so they’re up for it against Oxford.

Can’t believe I’m wanting an Evans side to win but needs must