Scoobs and the future | Vital Football

Scoobs and the future

Limpy

Vital Youth Team
What a job this man is doing. Whilst he’s not been in post long he must be one of the hottest properties in management.

If we don’t go up…l I know unlikely scenario 😂

Surely clubs in the championship are going to start calling?

Do people think he’ll stick with us or jet pack his career?

Personally it feels like one of them perfect fits with us and I think he’ll stay to at least Christmas but ambition and money can be a bitch…

What a job this man is doing. Whilst he’s not been in post long he must be one of the hottest properties in management.

If we don’t go up…l I know unlikely scenario 😂

Surely clubs in the championship are going to start calling?

Do people think he’ll stick with us or jet pack his career?

Personally it feels like one of them perfect fits with us and I think he’ll stay to at least Christmas but ambition and money can be a bitch…
I am sure he hasn't come this far, just to get this far.

Would he be any good in a L2 relegation battle, though?😉

Championship clubs won't come calling yet. He's only got 6 months in charge of us and other clubs will want to see how it pans out quite a while longer with us. Skubala will obviously be ambitious to test himself at the highest level he possibly can, but won't want to make that leap too soon as he'll end up back teaching at Loughborough if such a move was done too soon and went wrong.
I'm confident he'll be with us for at least a couple more seasons.

Championship clubs won't come calling yet. He's only got 6 months in charge of us and other clubs will want to see how it pans out quite a while longer with us. Skubala will obviously be ambitious to test himself at the highest level he possibly can, but won't want to make that leap too soon as he'll end up back teaching at Loughborough if such a move was done too soon and went wrong.
I like reading your posts sedgleyimp and consider you to be one of the most sensible posters on this site.
I really hope you're correct with this post because Skubala has certainly got something about him and has lifted the whole club following the dull draws of MK.
If it doesn't work out for us this season, I feel next season is going to be a great ride with MS in charge.

Manning had 29 games at Oxford, Scoobs has had 27 so far.
hope you’re right that we get plenty more time. Clubs do like to make rash knee jerk appointments to find quick solutions sometimes.

I agree with Sedgley and Riiiiik, I think Skoobs will stay at least until the end of next season, but probably longer to see if he can make a real go of getting us into the Championship if we don’t make the play offs this season. I think the board will back him as well as they can in the summer and it’s shown with the fantastic ST sales that the public are fully on board and right behind what momentum he is already building.

Manning had 29 games at Oxford, Scoobs has had 27 so far.
hope you’re right that we get plenty more time. Clubs do like to make rash knee jerk appointments to find quick solutions sometimes.
However, Manning had a 46% win ratio at Lommel (Belgium) and 48% at MK Dons before he joined Oxford (where he had a 48% win ratio also) - he was also a City Group coach, which some clubs (e.g. Oxford) find attractive.

However, Manning had a 46% win ratio at Lommel (Belgium) and 48% at MK Dons before he joined Oxford (where he had a 48% win ratio also) - he was also a City Group coach, which some clubs (e.g. Oxford) find attractive.
I know, I agree. Just saying I’m sure there are plenty of “bigger clubs” looking with envy at our manager.
I was watching a championship game earlier in the week and both clubs had interim managers, how many managers have Watford had this year?
Personally I think MS would put a lot on loyalty and don’t think he would leave us.
Let’s hope nobody wants to take a punt and offers to quadruple his wages!

the flightpath we can dream about is Mckenna's.

McKenna first half season in L1 w11d8L4 (6th in the L1 form table over that period. ipswich started in 10th, finished in 11th.
skubala first 26 games w12 d9 L5 (6th in the L1 form table over last 26 games)

skubala is also 2nd in the L1 form table for calendar year 2024 to date.

i wonder how many championship clubs are now wishing they went in for McKenna early.

I'd also think it will be a while before those offers come in tbh. Obviously he's doing well at the moment but so far what's he really got on his CV? One good run to the edge of the League One playoffs. No championships, promotions etc at all. From the point of view of a Championship club he still represents a big risk.

Not remotely concerned about losing MS just yet. Look forward to the end of the season and whatever next year brings.

Skubala has spent 20 years methodically building his coaching cv, which to me suggests someone who has their head squarely on their shoulders. I would be surprised to see him make a quick departure from Lincoln because that would be out of kilter with his approach so far.

the flightpath we can dream about is Mckenna's.

McKenna first half season in L1 w11d8L4 (6th in the L1 form table over that period. ipswich started in 10th, finished in 11th.
skubala first 26 games w12 d9 L5 (6th in the L1 form table over last 26 games)

skubala is also 2nd in the L1 form table for calendar year 2024 to date.

i wonder how many championship clubs are now wishing they went in for McKenna early.
I’m not sure you can compare someone from the Championship trying to take the coach from Ipswich to us.
If I’m honest, whether it’s Skubs or another, I reckon any coach who gets us into the promised land could well leave straight after that, knowing it will be a struggle in the Championship and their reputation may not be so high a year later.

I’m not sure you can compare someone from the Championship trying to take the coach from Ipswich to us.
If I’m honest, whether it’s Skubs or another, I reckon any coach who gets us into the promised land could well leave straight after that, knowing it will be a struggle in the Championship and their reputation may not be so high a year later.
i think you made your own interpretation of my comparison there.

i was comparing both early records to date (similar). to support the opposite of a champ club coming in right now. no one came in for McKenna, so unlikely anyone will come in for skubala (at this stage). uti.

I suspect we've landed a good one in Skubala.
I reckon he's a builder of teams, and I think he's only at the foundation stage with us
He's had one transfer window so far, and look how that went.
To build a proper reputation in your first management job is going to take more than 30 odd games, so I think we've got him for a decent length of time yet.
However, if we get into the championship ( and it's a big if ) and he does well with us in that, then there will be some admiring glances.
The managers/coaches who tend to be doing the best at managing have generally not had high profile playing careers.
He's definitely in that bracket, and I would imagine his type are becoming more appealing to clubs than these so called ex superstar players who are failing miserably at management and costing clubs a fortune to employ and then get rid of because there crap.
Skubala is an intelligent man, he's definitely got a lot more upstairs than your Rooneys of this world

Probably stating the obvious, but we reportedly received a big compensation fee when Danny Cowley moved on and no doubt the same thing would happen if Michael Skubala left in a similar way.

Developing managers in the same way as developing players for money.

Wonder if Huddersfield will come crawling (sorry, calling) with pots of dosh to lure him away with unreasonable promises. Hmm, we may yet pass each other up and down at the end of the season 🤫🤔🫣

Of course Skubala takes all the plaudits and deservedly so but he's not doing this all by himself.

I think our next coach/manager may already be in the building.