F:"K Me this is boring | Vital Football

F:"K Me this is boring

bluplu

Vital Newbie
I rarely post, but as the heading say.....this football is boring.
Probably like most of you we are grateful to still have a club and able to watch our lads go and play......but fuck me...
Maloney. Football is about entertaining, not about stats.
It's about getting the fans excited watching your team.
It's about have a consistent team so both us and them know what the fuck is happening week in and week out.
It's about letting the player have a go instead of this shit 5/7 at the back with no attack.

I'm no manager. I'm just fan that wants entertainment.

Maloney....please please please.....entertain me and the rest if us ....before you get sacked.

I rarely post, but as the heading say.....this football is boring.
Probably like most of you we are grateful to still have a club and able to watch our lads go and play......but fuck me...
Maloney. Football is about entertaining, not about stats.
It's about getting the fans excited watching your team.
It's about have a consistent team so both us and them know what the fuck is happening week in and week out.
It's about letting the player have a go instead of this shit 5/7 at the back with no attack.

I'm no manager. I'm just fan that wants entertainment.

Maloney....please please please.....entertain me and the rest if us ....before you get sacked.
Well put I think you speak for us all

I said after Cambridge he should go this summer. I wouldn’t waste any time next season and instead have a complete fresh start with a new manager and squad. People sat near me today were saying no manager worth his salt will come here working under these conditions. I don’t see it that way and it’s defeatist. It won’t happen though. There’s no way Danson will sack an under contract manager having been saddled with the Leam and Toure legacy costs.

New squads cost money. There isnt any. The club is still suffering the effects of the Bharaini Bullshitter and Milky Brannigums spending cash they hadnt got.

Maloney has had to work with the hand he was dealt since appointment. He's had to deal with good players walking away when under contract and shite players refusing to walk away when under contract. He's had to endure a transfer embargo and only being able to acquire the players nobody else wants on freebies and loans. He's had to endure a year working without a CEO after that last clown got his marching orders.

At the start of this new dawn, most would have been glad of having a club to watch, and very few would have been expecting to have amassed 60 points and be sat mid-table with games to spare. Now you moan because the football is a bit boring. It sure as hell wasnt boring when I watched them at Peterborough in February. Perhaps the squad are utterly shattered after giving their all to ensure L1 football is back next August? Most of that squad will never have played so many games in a season before due to being the unwanteds at other clubs.

The guy deserves the freedom of Wigan for the 18 months he has had to endure, and if he leaves at the end of the season, i'm sure his next job will see him at a club higher up the football pyramid than Wigan Athletic.

The guy deserves the freedom of Wigan for the 18 months he has had to endure, and if he leaves at the end of the season, i'm sure his next job will see him at a club higher up the football pyramid than Wigan Athletic.
Sunderland hopefully and let's see if you're as enthusiastic then.

New squads cost money. There isnt any. The club is still suffering the effects of the Bharaini Bullshitter and Milky Brannigums spending cash they hadnt got.

Maloney has had to work with the hand he was dealt since appointment. He's had to deal with good players walking away when under contract and shite players refusing to walk away when under contract. He's had to endure a transfer embargo and only being able to acquire the players nobody else wants on freebies and loans. He's had to endure a year working without a CEO after that last clown got his marching orders.

At the start of this new dawn, most would have been glad of having a club to watch, and very few would have been expecting to have amassed 60 points and be sat mid-table with games to spare. Now you moan because the football is a bit boring. It sure as hell wasnt boring when I watched them at Peterborough in February. Perhaps the squad are utterly shattered after giving their all to ensure L1 football is back next August? Most of that squad will never have played so many games in a season before due to being the unwanteds at other clubs.

You can be the biggest Maloney fan and believe he'll come good next year but he won't get a Championship job on the back of Hibs and the last 18 months here.

To be fair you make a valid argument for him.

However despite all that football is an entertainment business and his team is producing none due to the tactics and style of play he enforces on them. Something has give. Either he reassess his approach or he moves on. As alluded to above, Sunderland have a vacancy and I’m sure he’ll be an ideal fit for them.

You can be the biggest Maloney fan and believe he'll come good next year but he won't get a Championship job on the back of Hibs and the last 18 months here.
I didnt say Championship job. Perhaps Northampton, Blackpool or even Rotherham now that Liam has been found out to be shite.

However, there is always another way if you collectively feel that a better standard of player and football is required - pay the increase in your ST. I note that Peterborough are asking £479 for a side view for next season at Early Bird prices, whereas East and West Stand were £349 this season at the DW. If you are all collectively prepared to pay £479 for next season, then I'm sure a better quality player and style of football will naturally follow once debts are cleared.

Over to you...

Last edited:
I didnt say Championship job. Perhaps Northampton, Blackpool or even Rotherham now that Liam has been found out to be shite.
Leam Richardson kept us in League 1 with a far inferior squad and built a team in weeks to win the league, something other teams take years to do!
Rotherham would be crazy to sack Richardson and pay us compensation for Maloney. If Rotherham have an intention of bouncing back, they already have a manager with a better CV.

However, there is always another way if you collectively feel that a better standard of player and football is required - pay the increase in your ST. I note that Peterborough are asking £479 for a side view for next season at Early Bird prices, whereas East and West Stand were £349 this season at the DW. If you are all collectively prepared to pay £479 for next season, then I'm sure a better quality player and style of football will naturally follow once debts are cleared.

Over to you...

You said higher he'd go up the pyramid but the teams you said are all going to be playing at the same level as us next season. So not higher as you claimed.

I paid fans fund until they cancelled it on me so I was already happy to pay extra for the sake of the team. But we've already got a bigger budget than most of the sides at this level so I don't think size of budget and quality of player is the issue.

Last edited:
You said higher he'd go up the pyramid but the teams you said are all going to be playing at the same level as us next season. So not higher as you claimed.

I paid fans fund until they cancelled it on me so I was already happy to pay extra for the sake of the team. But we've already got a bigger budget than most of the sides at this level so I don't think size of budget and quality of player is the issue.
Fans fund is a drop in the ocean - is that a couple of hundred people?

8000 people paying another £120 for their ST = £960k.

Leam Richardson kept us in League 1 with a far inferior squad and built a team in weeks to win the league, something other teams take years to do!
Rotherham would be crazy to sack Richardson and pay us compensation for Maloney. If Rotherham have an intention of bouncing back, they already have a manager with a better CV.

Richardson won't have the budget he had here in L1 next season and I think he'll find it a lot harder.

But agree that they wouldn't considering moving him out for Maloney.

Reactions: WN2
Richardson won't have the budget he had here in L1 next season and I think he'll find it a lot harder.

But agree that they wouldn't considering moving him out for Maloney.
I agree and he isn’t the manager we need now as he wasn’t one for giving youth a chance.

Maloney to Rotherham would be a complete none starter though, they wouldn’t want him and he wouldn’t want to go.

Fans fund is a drop in the ocean - is that a couple of hundred people?

8000 people paying another £120 for their ST = £960k.

You asked me if I was happy to pay more, i did pay more than £120 a year via the fans fund.

There was 1600 FF members that raised 480k that info was published by the club. So not a drop in the ocean for a L1 club.

But not sure how any of that is relevant to the original point that Maloney would get a move higher up the pyramid.

You asked me if I was happy to pay more, i did pay more than £120 a year via the fans fund.

There was 1600 FF members that raised 480k that info was published by the club. So not a drop in the ocean for a L1 club.

But not sure how any of that is relevant to the original point that Maloney would get a move higher up the pyramid.
That £480K would be nearly enough to pay the entire yearly wage bill for 'pie eaters' egg chasing cuckoos.

Hang on a minute WN2, whilst I am in no way knocking Leam, the team he built in weeks to win L1 was part of the reason Maloney is suffering now.

We massively overspent on wages which caused the previous owners to fail to pay them on time and ultimately lead to an eight point deduction this season and a transfer embargo.

Leam did a magnificent job and I will be eternally grateful for that but let's not erase history, we bought the L1 title by outspending the rest of the division and are now paying the cost of that.

I hope it comes good for him at Rotherham, but I doubt he will ever have the financial clout that he had with Talal, Brannigan and Al Jasmi.

Hang on a minute WN2, whilst I am in no way knocking Leam, the team he built in weeks to win L1 was part of the reason Maloney is suffering now.

We massively overspent on wages which caused the previous owners to fail to pay them on time and ultimately lead to an eight point deduction this season and a transfer embargo.

Leam did a magnificent job and I will be eternally grateful for that but let's not erase history, we bought the L1 title by outspending the rest of the division and are now paying the cost of that.

I hope it comes good for him at Rotherham, but I doubt he will ever have the financial clout that he had with Talal, Brannigan and Al Jasmi.
I’m not rewriting history at all.
Many teams have tried to buy their way out League 1 and failed. Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday spent years trying and failing. We bought our way out within one season.
It’s the managers responsibility to work within the budget presented to him. Brannigan is at fault, not Richardson. Unless of course you actually think Leam was the one to discuss salary with these guys.