Clements Bye | Page 2 | Vital Football

Clements Bye

I think it would be wrong to eiher dump, or point the finger of blame entirely at Clemence. Yes it's turning into a disappointing end of season, but we've been there or thereabouts since August, and that's certainly an improvement on 22/23. I say stick with him, and have a clear out in the summer ( not just the players ) I'd like to think that Brad is no fool, and that he will back the man he chose to take us forward just 6 months ago. Trust me, we're going up as champions next season.

He wont sack him now that he has publicly backed him but clemence will need to start strong next season and we need to move lots of these players on, if we can.

We really need a manage with league 2 experience, question is how quickly clemence will learn

Looks like scally has a new venture lined up in Den Haag though.

Attachments

• 20240401_111005.jpg
    20240401_111005.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 38
Spot on for me Chris. In addition sacking Clemence and his staff and the whole squad would be like punching ourselves in the face. A reduced budget due to the pay offs, diminished credibility in the eyes of future recruits and an impossible job for the new man.

If it's analytics we are going for then first apply them to the current squad. It's the lack of pace in key areas and the lack of goals that stands out. It would be mad to sack everyone to try and put that right.
Agree with all of that, plus individual defensive errors doesn't help.

Just read this from Matt GITB Facebook forum.I QUOTE.....

24 hours on & I’m still absolutely baffled at how we went from controlling that game so well during the first half yesterday to absolutely imploding during a horrific 30 minutes second period.
I’m pleased Stephen Clemence has publicly displayed his anger & frustration without naming names; the right way for me.
I’m glad Brad Galinson has also addressed it and declared we cannot sugar coat it, but now is the time for actions & not just words.
Top seven now looks very unlikely unless the players can find something within themselves - something we’ve not really seen all season - in the final four games, so planning for 2024/25 starts now.
The optimism from the summer of 2023 seems like a distant memory at the moment, so let’s be better & get back to somewhere at least close to that.
All of us. Together.
From board level, to coaches & management, to players & to us on the terraces & in the stands.
We may not all be best mates, we may not all even really know each other that well & we certainly won’t always agree on things.
But one thing we all have in common, one thing that binds us, is a love of our club.

Up the Gills!! 💙

Really support this post mega important the vast majority get on board with this in my opinion.

Gimmer and I were listening on Radio Kent. Just heard Clemence's interview - what a load of old bull and drivel he was spouting. He has not got a clue.

I don't like the fact that managers/coaches are contracted to comment on the game straight after it finishes. They should be given until the next day to calm down and then make rational statements. There some occasions when the media should be made to wait.

There should be a leadership meeting this week with the question "want went wrong and how will you go about fixing it in the summer".

The answer should determine his fate i.e. how much the board believes it.

I don't like the fact that managers/coaches are contracted to comment on the game straight after it finishes. They should be given until the next day to calm down and then make rational statements. There some occasions when the media should be made to wait.
at EFL level they are normally gien until 5.30pm until the press speak to them. They also cannot speak to the referees until 5.45pm for the same reason.