Match Thread: Reading v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Reading v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-The-Madejski-Stadium-Reading-3-min-scaled.jpg

So, we're back on the road again, this time versus Reading in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read the summary of what Michael Skubala said ahead of the match (link below)
- Read about today's referee (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

Our next cup final awaits. Thought we really struggled against them in our home draw so expect this to be a real test this afternoon. Hopefully Jenson is back but Wright has never let us down and did very well last week. Listening to Skoobs pre match interview, sounds like he’s really done his homework on them and it will be interesting to see how we set ourselves up. Oxford have the easier match on paper today so we really do need the three points. With United a whisker away from Wembley, it’s a great footballing day for the city. Come on City and United 👊💥👏

Yes this will be a tuff'un - but the way Scoobs has got us playing anything is possible - can't get today so going to see Lincoln Utd as one our mates lads plays, Leo Priestley, worked with his grandad at the County Council was a top man. So could be a great day for the City - was with a Plymouth fan last night and she was nervously scanning the score v the Rotters who we could be playing again next season and if they are accompanied by Hudders and Wednesday with Mansfield promoted that's 4 local derbies uti

Just on the way, new ground, first and only this season, unless something weird happens

Just setting off. Ticking off a new ground for me (and that also includes Elm Park from the past) and looking forward to what will be a tough game. Reading still need a few points to secure their League 1 place for next season, though they could still be scuppered with off-field owner antics. Do believe we are capable of beating any team at the moment, but also aware that the run has to come to and end at some point.
Should be a great atmosphere at our end. Hope the Reading fans don't bring any tennis balls with them.

Yes this will be a tuff'un - but the way Scoobs has got us playing anything is possible - can't get today so going to see Lincoln Utd as one our mates lads plays, Leo Priestley, worked with his grandad at the County Council was a top man. So could be a great day for the City - was with a Plymouth fan last night and she was nervously scanning the score v the Rotters who we could be playing again next season and if they are accompanied by Hudders and Wednesday with Mansfield promoted that's 4 local derbies uti
Cracking player is Leo, formed a great partnership with Elliott Dye in midfield, takes a superb corner too, United score off them quite regularly.
These windy conditions could have a huge effect on the games.

Fingers crossed both Jensen and Mandriou are OK for today.

Got a sneaky feeling this'll end up being a bit of a basketball match at times, they seem to throw caution to the wind every game, which is why they swing between good results and then being done for 5 at Bolton.

You can discuss today's other League One matches on the link provided below!

Safe travels all - looking forward to joining 1500 other Imps, for what we hope will be another entertaining afternoon - dour 1-1 draw it is then!!

UTI

Got a sneaky feeling this'll end up being a bit of a basketball match at times, they seem to throw caution to the wind every game, which is why they swing between good results and then being done for 5 at Bolton.

How do you feel this one will go Luke? You're normally good for a balanced view.

For me, I’d be happy if we’ve kept our unbeaten run at 5:30pm.

Morning Imps, safe travels to all headed for Reading today. It's seriously blowy so it would help if we could keep the ball on the grass, head tennis could get a bit random...

I don't think this one will be a cricket score but 0-2 has possibilities.

This is a tough one, but never underestimate the Imps. Michael Skubala will have the team set up to the maximum.

This is a tough one, but never underestimate the Imps. Michael Skubala will have the team set up to the maximum.

Completely agree we’ll be going for the maximum but still such a tough one to call. It’s nice having that hope going into every game that we can win.

Reading seem like such a wildcard but have excellent home form… so let’s wait and see. Fingers crossed for the maximum

How do you feel this one will go Luke? You're normally good for a balanced view.

For me, I’d be happy if we’ve kept our unbeaten run at 5:30pm.
Same, although a win would be huge with Oxford having Posh next weekend ahead of us.

I think Reading will just go for it, they've done it all season and have a top seven attack but a bottom four defence.

I'm expecting it to be a bit latter stages of the first half against Bristol Rovers/early stages of Carlisle at times. But with that comes an opportunity for House, Taylor, Moylan, Bishop in my opinion and if they're as kamikaze at Bristol Rovers, then, well...