Out of nowhere, while doing the washing up | Vital Football

Out of nowhere, while doing the washing up

jokerman

Vital Football Hero
This came unbidden into my head, while washing up, and I started singing.

The mind is a wonderful, if ultimately meaningless, thing.

Won’t cost you an arm and a leg either.

What an ear worm. Just read this while waiting for the kettle to boil. Didn't even have to listen to it and now 30 mins later the proxy thing is still in my head.

For the life of me, I can’t remember now what the actual words to the song were (not the Brutus ad).

I pull my blue jeans on, I pull my xxxxx jeans on. Any idea? Was it “something blue jeans on” ?

Edit > google is a wonderful thing isn’t it?

“I pull my old blue jeans on” 👍

Last edited:

Sharpens pencil, brings the notepad out. Well, this definitely, err, means something, but equally erm, it might not.

Or something.

(Good song though)

I own his first album, on vinyl naturally, containing this masterpiece.

Oh, and if you want an advert with a great song I would offer up this, which I also have the single of.

If you please, it's Lord David Paul Nicholas Dundas, the Lord being an honorific title on account of his dad being the 3rd Marquess of Zetland. Presumably the Paul Nicholas bit is another honorific on account of him being a consummate entertainer. Cracking tune.

Back then he was noted for being the poshest man ever to be in the charts but these days there would probably be half a dozen hitmakers ahead of him in Burke's Peerage.