Guess the Imps Manager Record. Discuss | Vital Football

Guess the Imps Manager Record. Discuss

domski2017

Vital Squad Member
The first 25 games in charge, in League football, by the most recent Imps Managers.
Guess the record and discuss whose is the most impressive, reflecting budget, squad makeup, methods, when they took over and the League we were in. I think C is the most impressive.

A W6 D12 L7
B W16 D4 L5
C W12 D8 L5
D W7 D5 L13

cAN

A Kennedy
B Cowley
C Skubala
D Appleton

If I'm correct, Appleton of course subsequently took the Imps as close to regaining Championship level as just Murphy in my lifetime, but had a patchy first season as he recalibrate the squad to suit his methods and the club's revised model for L1 before covid did its worst.

Skubala's success has been in reinvigorating an existing squad with some good additions and despite injuries to key players.

Both Cowley's and Kennedy had a pre-season hence making Kennedy's the worse?
Danny had a pre-season and by all accounts a good budget. Poaching Raggett from another club reflecting our pulling power at the time. Skubala started with no strikers and now limited midfield options.

A Kennedy
B Cowley
C Skubala
D Appleton

If I'm correct, Appleton of course subsequently took the Imps as close to regaining Championship level as just Murphy in my lifetime, but had a patchy first season as he recalibrate the squad to suit his methods and the club's revised model for L1 before covid did its worst.

Skubala's success has been in reinvigorating an existing squad with some good additions and despite injuries to key players.
Appleton appeared to antagonise the existing squad and Covid probably saved us from a relegation scrap. He redeemed himself the following season but this is about the start?