Manager of The Season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Manager of The Season

This is manager of the season award and when you look at the list, Evans is obviously a makeweight.

No idea why people can't acknowledge the job Evans has done. Absolutely deserves to be nominated for manager of the season and has done a brilliant job at Stevenage so far.

Thanks Jules, and apologies for misleading people - that’ll teach me to read things properly instead of half reading and reacting. Just assumed it was the monthly award due to it being start of April - 🙄🤪

To be honest the cheltenham manager has a outside chance of being manager of the season if they can escape relegation

No idea why people can't acknowledge the job Evans has done. Absolutely deserves to be nominated for manager of the season and has done a brilliant job at Stevenage so far.

Don't be too quick to fall for the 'little old Stevenage' thing.
As previously posted:

From 'The Comet' 26 May 2023

Phil Wallace (multi millionaire owner of Stevenage) said

"We'll go into the season with a much bigger budget than we've got this year and we will fund the club with additional money."

"We are looking to get above a mid-table budget next season but it will involve some investment and that will probably come from me into the club as equity, so it is not repayable, it’s not a debt.

"It’ll gives us a fighting chance next season so we think we'll be alright and we think we could surprise a few people.

"It'll be great to be in League One but I'd rather be at the top of League One than at the bottom and I think we can."

Don't be too quick to fall for the 'little old Stevenage' thing.
As previously posted:

From 'The Comet' 26 May 2023

Phil Wallace (multi millionaire owner of Stevenage) said

"We'll go into the season with a much bigger budget than we've got this year and we will fund the club with additional money."

"We are looking to get above a mid-table budget next season but it will involve some investment and that will probably come from me into the club as equity, so it is not repayable, it’s not a debt.

"It’ll gives us a fighting chance next season so we think we'll be alright and we think we could surprise a few people.

"It'll be great to be in League One but I'd rather be at the top of League One than at the bottom and I think we can."
I sort of agree but when their team came here it didn't seem like a team who had spent loads of money/like one of the top clubs? I might be missing players but obviously like Jordan Roberts who'd bobbed around after Ipswich including an unsuccessful spell here and in Scotland, people like Jamie Reid and Piergianni who came up with them (in the case of the latter who was at Boston for ages!) and quite a few places released/leaving people like Charlton, Pompey - the sort of players we'd maybe pick up if you think like Hackett etc

It doesn't seem like a playoff challenging squad to me but maybe I'm missing where the money goes in. You'd think there has to be a lot of investment with low attendances.

I sort of agree but when their team came here it didn't seem like a team who had spent loads of money/like one of the top clubs? I might be missing players but obviously like Jordan Roberts who'd bobbed around after Ipswich including an unsuccessful spell here and in Scotland, people like Jamie Reid and Piergianni who came up with them (in the case of the latter who was at Boston for ages!) and quite a few places released/leaving people like Charlton, Pompey - the sort of players we'd maybe pick up if you think like Hackett etc

It doesn't seem like a playoff challenging squad to me but maybe I'm missing where the money goes in. You'd think there has to be a lot of investment with low attendances.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting they are on a similar budget to the 'giants of League 1' as Evans calls them. But maybe not that different to us?

Don't think their accounts get published so hard to say for sure.

so in a way (apart from evans'antics) they should be admired. v successfully navigated first L1 season after promotion. on relatively small crowds. not spending loads, equity rather than loans/debts. signing the sort of players we would sign, getting good value out of them. approx the same amount of success as us with their set up - in terms of current league position.

assuming what the chairman says re: finances is backed up by the actual accounts of course.

On a results basis that’s deserved. I don’t like the bloke, and detest the ‘football’ his team plays - but Stevenage to be in a play off push in their first year up is very impressive.

Mousinho and Ferguson also deserved.

Would expect them to have also looked at Jon Brady, Richie Wellens, and some futsal boy coaching a trashy pub team.