Manchester City v Aston Villa Weds 3rd April | Page 21 | Vital Football

Manchester City v Aston Villa Weds 3rd April

Depleted squad against a top side, frustrating to lose but let’s just move on to the next one. Some positives, Duran scored a lovely goal, players rested ahead of a busy schedule, more PL minutes for Rogers, Iroegbunam and Duran and a debut for Kellyman. Biggest disappointment was the pathetic defending from Zaniolo (who otherwise did alright) for the second goal which killed off our chance to sneak a result.

I guess it's because we don't lose so much anymore, but I'm more pissed off at this loss than any during our relegation season. Don't accept losing as "the Villa way" anymore. I guess that's a kind of positive but I think I'm mad at Unai for throwing some players under the bus so to speak - we all called it when we saw the team sheet.

In all seriousness, it was a calculated risk on his part, Christians to the lions so to speak and hoping that McGrath Almighty would save them. I'll get over it if we stuff Brentford and Lille and we can't have a repeat against the Arse.

Emery got it wrong, horrendous lineup, horrendous subs, he’s got credit in the bank of course but that was what you’d expect from a Smith or Gerrard team.

I expected nothing even with a strong team but we must beat Brentford, if we don’t then you question if Emery is losing it. That team selection tonight was abysmal and the writing was on the wall before kickoff. Bringing chambers on was insanity, one of the worst players I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.

Emery got it wrong, horrendous lineup, horrendous subs, he’s got credit in the bank of course but that was what you’d expect from a Smith or Gerrard team.

I expected nothing even with a strong team but we must beat Brentford, if we don’t then you question if Emery is losing it. That team selection tonight was abysmal and the writing was on the wall before kickoff. Bringing chambers on was insanity, one of the worst players I’ve ever seen on a football pitch.
The last thing i would of said is that Emery is losing it. Take the loss and get on with it. We are short of the players that make a difference to this team and that showed tonight.

We surely have a better chance of winning the winnable games if our players aren’t overly tired.
We may well have lost this game with our best lineup anyway. Emery knows his players and their capabilities better than anyone and I would imagine he wants to give us the best possible chance of winning the games that will be enough to get us in the Champions League and hopefully win the Conference League.

We were missing Martinez, Cash, kamara, Mcginn, Ramsey Watkins. Away at arguably the best team in the world. We should have been level at half time and stay 4th. Unai losing it? He is still working wonders.

Not read through the thread yet but fair play to city and especially Foden. Years of unbridled spending has procured some of the best there is and that's the difference at the end of the day. Our 2nd string?performed admirably but it wasn't enough on this occasion. Sometimes you just have to accept the loss, not look for scapegoats and realise it's one game in a long season.
Beat Brentford Saturday and Lille on Thursday and this will be consigned to distant memory

I guess it's because we don't lose so much anymore, but I'm more pissed off at this loss than any during our relegation season. Don't accept losing as "the Villa way" anymore. I guess that's a kind of positive but I think I'm mad at Unai for throwing some players under the bus so to speak - we all called it when we saw the team sheet.

In all seriousness, it was a calculated risk on his part, Christians to the lions so to speak and hoping that McGrath Almighty would save them. I'll get over it if we stuff Brentford and Lille and we can't have a repeat against the Arse.

Thing is though, small margins. If Dougie buries his chance in the bottom corner and doesn't hit it mid-goal easy head height - yes it's a could've - but it could've been different.

City were not comfortable when we pushed, our problem was we didn't do it enough, nor take advantage of when we did.

The alternative is to bust your balls tonight, knackering everyone out and still probably lose the game….to then be shattered for a winnable game vs Brentford, and then end losing that too because …..well, we’re all shattered.