Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore" | Page 22 | Vital Football

Nottingham Forest v Fulham- sponsored by Barbour jackets, Creme Eggs and people who have Pope on "Ignore"

Danilo had a very good game - no denying that from me… but I don’t retract the statement that Dominguez should start every week - he’s our best midfielder.
I like Dominguez but I don't think he could have done what Danilo did last night.
Not sure how he fits in the first 11 if and its a big if, Yates and Danilo perform like they did against Fulham on a regular basis.

I like Dominguez but I don't think he could have done what Danilo did last night.
Not sure how he fits in the first 11 if and its a big if, Yates and Danilo perform like they did against Fulham on a regular basis.
We haven't seen that kind of consistency from Danilo at all yet though. He's capable of a great performance now and again but I've never seen him put more than 2 or 3 together.
Maybe Nuno has found the winning formula with him.

Danilo’s only 22, though, it makes loads of sense to develop him and see the benefits of that, especially given that his best performances at the club have been very, very good indeed. If we’re afraid of players making mistakes then we’ll struggle to ever have good players - failure is the way that you learn and in football, while we’re in the bottom half, we have to accept imperfect players because once they get beyond that, they’re snapped up to be squad players at “big 6” clubs.

The same patience is something we should exercise with Sangare. He hasn’t shone by any means, but I think there’s a very good player in there if we can find him. A pre-season after a fragmented season this time around will hopefully do him the world of good.

You've got to give Elanga the benefit of the doubt. He's clearly a confidence player,and Nuno needs to embrace that and manage him appropriately.

Origi is just awful.
Elanga's pace terrifies defences, and keeps them honest.

Players like CHO benefit greatly when he is in the side because they get more space.

Nuno needs to stick with that front three, and EM needs to be offering Chris Wood another contract

Players like CHO benefit greatly when he is in the side because they get more space.

Nuno needs to stick with that front three, and EM needs to be offering Chris Wood another contract
Wood has the same goals as Foden, only two behind Saka. He's beating Richarlison and Hwang at Wolves, who has had a great season

Maybe Dom comes in for CHO or Elanga for spurs away to solidly the mid for that game?

Who knows. As you say get a performance and a win v Wolves would be crucial for us

Do we have an option on keeping Wood, as he's out of contract this summer ?
Don’t think so and I can’t see him being offered another contract until we know we are safe. I will be annoyed if we don’t though - he has turned out to be worth every penny of his fee and wages.

No options. Out of contract but at 33 is not likely to have a big queue hammering on his door. Another year plus option is likely to do trick depending on wages. We could probably offer 2/3rds of what h is on now as he is on a good whack, or appearance money.

Forest have let in 53 goals this season with over 20 coming from set pieces. If we could sort out set pieces our points haul could increase by 15. Reduction in dodgy ref decisions and no deductions and we could be in a decent position. We do not need to go mad with cheque book. Couple of good signings. Cut wage bill. Sell half a dozen. Decent side that can score from open play against most.

Training pitch, set pieces both ends and shooting practice.

We are a very strange club - Forest have amended the Chris wood article from last year where we signed him on a permanent to say ‘until the summer of 2025’, where it said early this evening ‘to the summer of 2024’… it’s like Shelvey all over again.

Read that Richards played 90 mins with an assist tonight. They are saying shows more than Ortega their first choice LB. All looking good fingers crossed to come back, have a good pre-season.

If we can sell Worrall for the 5/6m, maybe get the same for Toffolo, Vlach will be at a loss, and any fees for Huang, Bowler, Dennis and O'Brien, we should be close to clearing the 12-17m loss. Question is, can we do this before June 30?