Transfer Rumours Thread - Summer 2024 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours Thread - Summer 2024

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Post all your rumours, gossips and ITK bona fide deals on here for the Summer transfer window. Its going to be Critchleys, and Sadlers, most importsnt one yet.

Well its less than a month before the regular season ends and the rumours have started.
Nixon, Mr Reliable has suggested Lincoln, yes Lincoln are interested in Gabriel.
Lets hope those Imps fans' are ready for the latest Autumn / Winter 24 collection of Velour.

Big Marv is off unless we go up. Èveryone we exercise the option on will be sold for the right money. Anyone else will be flogged and the development squad will be promoted with the aim of avoiding the drop to L2

Post all your rumours, gossips and ITK bona fide deals on here for the Summer transfer window. Its going to be Critchleys, and Sadlers, most importsnt one yet.

Well its less than a month before the regular season ends and the rumours have started.
Nixon, Mr Reliable has suggested Lincoln, yes Lincoln are interested in Gabriel.
Lets hope those Imps fans' are ready for the latest Autumn / Winter 24 collection of Velour.

I'm certain there will be plenty in this squad that don't like the style of football and are feeling fed up with the regular poor performances away due to Critchley's insistence on sticking to formations, personnel and tactics that just aren't working.

Bloomfield Road at the moment isn't a great atmosphere. Lincoln have a far better chance of promotion hence they will have a far bigger budget than us. I'm guessing too that Gabriel's family are closer to Lincoln than Blackpool.

I may be being pessimistic here but I think what will be left of our squad at the season close could be not fit for purpose for another push for top 6 next season. Certainly if Critchley stays which I'm certain he will. The crowds will diminish, the results will continue to be poor. The atmosphere will become worse. And we will more than likely see a dozen or more untried players many who will be punts organised by our less than world class backroom hangers on.

Big Marv is off unless we go up. Èveryone we exercise the option on will be sold for the right money. Anyone else will be flogged and the development squad will be promoted with the aim of avoiding the drop to L2
Marv will certainly be no loss....

Blackpool, Bristol Rovers, Wycombe Wanderers and Shrewsbury Town are chasing Rochdale attacker Devante Rodney on a free transfer this summer.

Former Manchester City youngster Rodney is out of contract this summer and his suitors are ready to offer the forward a return to the Football League.

Your seeing eye is not always dependable Seb but the development squad may be more entertaining. One thing is for sure--a lot of money will need to be injected into a new squad of quality players for our next season in L1 or we won't see any progress.

Last edited:
Marv Lavery and Husband all turned down new contracts.

Not surprised or bothered about the first two but I must admit I’m surprised Husband, thought he wouldn’t to stay. Be interesting what level the 3 end up as Marv is a good player but still dodgy on the ball which a lot of teams like to play out from the back now.

Lavery is all bark but no bite - had a good first season but nothing since

Husband started the season fantastic but then faded and made a few mistakes

Wish the 3 of them well but won’t lose any sleep.

Not surprised or bothered about the first two but I must admit I’m surprised Husband, thought he wouldn’t to stay. Be interesting what level the 3 end up as Marv is a good player but still dodgy on the ball which a lot of teams like to play out from the back now.

Lavery is all bark but no bite - had a good first season but nothing since

Husband started the season fantastic but then faded and made a few mistakes

Wish the 3 of them well but won’t lose any sleep.

Echo that really. We'd want to improve on them all regardless of division.

Can see Championship sides taking a punt on both Ekpi and Lavery.

Marv has shown he has the defensive capabilities to play at that level, just not for a side that relies on CB to play the ball out of defence.

Lavery feels like a low risk option off the bench.

Husband surprises me a bit, as I can't see him getting a contract at the next level. Unless it's just for geographical reasons.

Hopeful Rhodes will sign intbe Summer.

Rhodes, who is currently working his way back from a knee injury, admits he would be “sad” if he’s played his final game for his loan club, with the forward insisting that he’s not sure what the future holds as he nears the end of his Terriers’ contract.

“I couldn’t have asked for much more (from his loan spell),” Rhodes told BBC Radio Lancashire ahead of his side’s 3-2 victory over Barnsley on Saturday.
“The coaching staff, the non-playing staff, the bunch of lads, it’s been a real great experience for both me and my family. It’d be sad actually if this is the end. It’d be nice to play some more minutes in the Blackpool football kit. We’ll see what happens there.