West Ham @ home | Page 2 | Vital Football

West Ham @ home

Absolutely brilliant win in the circumstances despite the manager. Lewis Hall only coming on after injury was brilliant and Barnes would never have been on the pitch if almiron hadn't got injured. Eddie obviously preferring almiron to change the game.

The high line is working well. FOR OUR OPPONENTS. I'm not sure if it's an intentional high line or its just outright shocking defending. Either way we look like Bournemouth the year they got relegated. Albeit Bournemouth had more championship level players than us. Just about
Agree. We can only manage to put 4 past West Ham with this. Very Bournemouthesque. 😊

Fuck me what a game. Hall should have been on for Lascelles. We will have enough players for Everton? How many injuries now?

Well...I won't repeat myself for things we see every match, so I skip to the fun part.
What a great comeback we had. Last 15 minutes were all Newcastle going for the goals. I don't know if Howey partly set it more attacking with subbing Krath, but it was a whole other game to watch. Barnes probably earlier back on the pitch then Howe wanted, but it did the job very well.
At 3-1 they showed a win chance of 8% for Newcastle if I'm not mistaking. Great comeback. Those comebacks are the most exciting to watch. Great job, well done!!

Today was a victory for those that follow through thick and thin. A victory that was deserved overall when you take everything into context and a victory for those who believe in what Eddie Howe is doing.

Today was a defeat for those that made the effort to go to the game and then leave early or to give up supporting or to stop watching when all seems lost.

Supporting Newcastle United is about lifting the club when it needs a lift and all acting like we deserve the United title after our city name. Supporting Newcastle is about the rollercoaster journey that it takes you on and celebrating the highs that bit better when the lows are never that far away.

Ive never hid the fact that I like Eddie Howe because of his work rate, honesty and determination to succeed in his job. He's always respectful to everyone when he speaks and comes across as such a likeable bloke. He also hasn't been slow to tell people that he is always learning in his job and says that he wants to continue to learn.

With injuries playing such a part in our season, it is now impossible really to shy away from that being the biggest reason why we are battling for 6th or 7th rather than the top 4 again but the million dollar question is whether it is an internal training ground set up overload, another internal problem like training pitches or equipment or just a massive freak. I have the faith that Howe and his assistants will find out the cause and rectify it come the Summer. If not them, then i reckon the owners will have discussed it privately or with Howe and co.

On the injury front, whatever the reasoning, there is no doubt that we've had more than our fair share of freaks like the dislocated shoulders of Nick Pope and Jacob Murphy, the toe problem of Harvey Barnes, the pec muscle tear of Callum Wilson that i don't think ive ever heard of another footballer get in my lifetime or at least have it reported, the rolled ankle that Tino Livramento got today another or the back injuries that Elliot Anderson, Dan Burn or Lewis Miley got. These injuries haven't been caused by our training or anything internal.

All injuries aside or having to overplay the same players for weeks on end, our systems of play or choosing the right personnel for whatever reason at whatever time, to be where we are and in with a decent shot of gaining European football at the end of it is nothing short of a decent season and probably in line with where people would have expected us to be in the plan, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Most importantly when those people walked out at 1-3 or switched off their PC today, there was yet another life lesson for them in that when things seem lost, they can still be won and in that you have to attach Eddie Howe to it and the players on offer showed they believe in him. It was good to see Howe celebrate properly for once and maybe he was feeling the pressure put on him by a small minority.

For those bothered, we're pretty much mathematically safe now and next season can't come quick enough for me when i fully expect us to be a major player again.

So who walked out or switched off their PC?
Its a rollercoaster but you can still look at it sensibly.
Barnes superb little cameo, Gordon ran himself into the ground then foolishly kicked the ball away when he was already on a yellow. Almiron was not fit.
Howe totally disrupted the defence when he brought on Kraft, who was hopeless.
Hall replacing Lascelles with Burn moving to the centre seemed the obvious call.
Howe has made mistakes, he admits it. I stick with my, we will not progress to the top under him. I hope I am wrong.
The whole training and medical staff need looking at.
Being a nice guy and honest does not win you trophies.

Can't stand the prediction stats. Very annoying. Was going to switch off at 1-3 but decided to power on. I'd get rid of How if I was 100% sure someone else availabke would do better but quite happy to let him continue as thinknhe's doing ok.

Tonali wants shot.

Now Lascelles is out for ages and Botman, the hierarchy need to take a close look at their transfer plans. Talk of Dummet being retained is ridiculous, Schar is carrying an injury. Ideally we need two central defenders to start with, another midfielder, another winger and a striker or two, and a good young keeper.
Players such as Wilson, Almiron, Lascelles, Kraft, to name a few are finished.
Hopefully some youngsters will come through.
This may take some time to turn us round