Have we… | Vital Football

Have we…

billytwodogs

Vital Squad Member
bottomed out? The only way this season could be any worse is there being only 3 clubs with less points than us!

Last night & Oxford city away must be lowest point.
BTW we took the lead in both games, Grey opening the scoring in both.

You couldn’t make it up!
:red:

I've watched KP's post match interview and he genuinely seems at a loss to explain what caused the collapse last night. He also appears to be totally embarrassed.
We, long suffering, supporters are not necessarily that surprised!
As we've seen similar performances many times over the decades. However, usually performances of this nature have been a symptom of off field issues, so I am concerned that there's potentially an issue we are yet to be aware of brewing in the background. (Ownership, wages, contracts, etc). Perhaps most revealing about last night's performance, was that not one player from Pools got booked!
The performance on Good Friday will be revealing.

Another, 3 points should see Pools avoid relegation, but there aren't any easy games left and we certainly don't want to be going to Dorking on last day needing a result to stay up.

Last edited:
I think if we are still suffering from Tuesday nights hangover we’ll get another paggering when Halifax turn up.

We could easily end Easter on a similar fate as the saviour.
There should be enough left to keep our heads above water however this is pools we’re talking about.

Is there only pools who can recover from a 7-1 drubbing by beating one of the in form teams?
Over the decades of supporting Pools these sort on enigmatic results have been commonplace.
Similarly, after the euphoria of yesterday's result, it is anybodies guess as to what the outcome of Monday's match will be!

The 4 points gained over Easter weekend should be sufficient to guarantee survival in NL for another season, with still a number of games remaining.
However, what the results of last 4 matches have highlighted as much as anything else is the inconsistencies of performance.
I'm sure this won't have been lost on KP and hope that it will aid him when deciding on how he needs to remodel the squad to be more competitive next season.

A decent return I would have thought, over the Easter period. Think that’s the key, to football at any level really, consistent performances.

We should be safe and KP planning for next season. At the risk of repeating myself it needs clearing root & branch. Haven’t seen a lot of them live this season but not a lot on the retained list for me, Mani D, Grey, Parkes & Waterfall. Phillips has his work cut out, let’s hope he doesn’t turn into Hartley 2.0

We should have learned from experience of picking from the barrel of players recovering from bad or long term injuries, seems every time we attempt to pick from there we come out with our fingers firmly up our noses. Anyhow we live to fight another day.

….Similarly, after the euphoria of yesterday's result, it is anybodies guess as to what the outcome of Monday's match will be!
Same problems season upon season, we just don’t seem to be able to manage a game, from a winning position, particularly in the dying minutes

A few observations as the season comes to a close

- KP would appear to be a decent appointment, and has already recognised the lack of professionalism; fitness, ability to see games out, etc
- the Mail, provided a list of the 14 players brought in on loan, and with only one exception (Hendrie) they have all been poor! This must improve.
- the appointment of Ronnie Moore as chief scout would suggest a realisation that data alone doesn't provide sufficient to determine signing a player.
- apart from the players in the matchday squad there is also Ndjoli, Burton and Pruti futures to be determined

Obviously, there's a lot of sorting out to be done