Let's take a look at the evidence.... | Vital Football

Let's take a look at the evidence....

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Realistically, that 6th playoff spot looks like the only one we could catch and, up for that spot are five teams;
Oxford
Stevenage
Lincoln
Orient
And us....

These are our remaining games;
Derby (A)
Wycombe (H)
Cambridge (H)
Fleetwood (H)
Carlisle (A)
Barnsley (H)
Reading (A)

There are many winnable games there (Wycombe, Cambridge, Fleetwood, Reading) but will it be enough? If we play to our strengths and DON'T keep fiddling with a winning combination then I think we're in with a shout. If we remain inconsistent then we're stuffed and the likely takers of that 6th place will be Lincoln on current form.

What do you lot think? Doable or no?

Lincoln won 6 drawn 2 last 8.
We were sat 3rd in the form table befofe last Sat.
Darby is the big one. IF we had won last Sat I would have considered the Darby game as a free hit.
The next 3 games after that are all at home and all are winnable.
I think we are going to finish about 4pts short.
That to me would be the 2 Charlton games.
Are we ready to go up? Nowhere near it IMO.
Wendies got almost a hundred pts and look at them 'at that new level'.

The tv £££ between the Championship and 3rd division widens again next season too.

Just dont get it - spend £4m now = get £10m more the next season.
This has been a poor league this year, it won't be as poor next season with Rothetham / Wrexham in there and thats before we start thinking about the likes of Charlton et al.

The best and easiest opportunity for a promotion this season and with a very capable squad and low amount of injuries. It's criminal how badly we've played at times especially away.

I also feel that we would bottle the play offs. Hardly ever have we looked confident. Rhodes is out of form, Dembele looks to have lost interest and Norburn is shite!

The best and easiest opportunity for a promotion this season and with a very capable squad and low amount of injuries. It's criminal how badly we've played at times especially away.

I also feel that we would bottle the play offs. Hardly ever have we looked confident. Rhodes is out of form, Dembele looks to have lost interest and Norburn is shite!
Its all about belief and confidence. Critchley is just not inspiring enough, His mannerism is pathetic and it sticks out like a sore thumb. A very weak leader imho.

After the shitfest of last season things have stabilised somewhat. The question is how long can Critchley be given to get us back to where we were when he walked out.

After the shitfest of last season things have stabilised somewhat. The question is how long can Critchley be given to get us back to where we were when he walked out.
I think he will be given another season after this. Sadler won't want to lose face in spite of another shit decision, but with his wonderful foresight, he knows best. I have a feeling when something isn't right and I can imagine there are plenty more like me. Its difficult to remain positive for people as the feel good factor has long gone and therefore I can only predict more discontent the longer it goes on. We're in a big rut atm.

Spot on.
NC will be here the start of next season. Sadler said 2yrs and needs to buy quality im.the window. One thjngs for certain, this division won't be as shite again next season.
Wtexham, Rotherham Massive / Hudds.. Jones will have a warchest at Charlton.....

Spot on.
NC will be here the start of next season. Sadler said 2yrs and needs to buy quality im.the window. One thjngs for certain, this division won't be as shite again next season.
Wtexham, Rotherham Massive / Hudds.. Jones will have a warchest at Charlton.....
I agree Sex, we already have quality enough to get out of this division and its a very good point you make when considering next season. We appear to have missed the boat yet again. The fact is, time and as we all know waits for no one, not even Sadler, especially when he complains about how much he's put into it already. Its obvious to a non academical like myself, that after 5 years, we are no further forward. Perhaps we have TOO much faith and that he's abandoned good old fashioned common sense (if he ever had any?)for some whiz kids idea? Critchley reminds me that he's a quieter version of the silly Nathan Jones.

Last edited:
I agree Sex, we already have quality enough to get out of this division and its a very good point you make when considering next season. We appear to have missed the boat yet again. The fact is, time has we all know waits for no one, not even Sadler, especially when he complains about how much he's put into it already. Its obvious to an non academical like myself, that after 5 years, we are none further forward. Perhaps we have TOO much faith and that he's abandoned good old fashioned common sense for some whiz kid idea?
Could you point out to me the 'quality we already have to get out of this division' Gordo?