The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

The love in by the press etc for Southgate and his team choice is a joke. Toney deserves his place - he has scored a penalty and done nothing much since serving his betting sentence. Mainoo is the second coming in midfield yet Belgium ran riot through it on occasions. I quite like Bowen - again didn’t have the game that’s being spouted. They are even claiming Pickfords error was a rarity. They should be wiping the floor with having Dunk anywhere near the England set up yet again seem to be so bias. Konsa should be getting a few plaudits yet no.
Bellingham made the point after the game that he was playing with a lot of players that had never played together before. While I thought we were the major attacking threat throughout the game, it was clear that the combinations weren't totally confident with each other and we weren't the well oiled machine that a PL team are, having trained and played with each other many, many times.

Very difficult to say who played their way into the squad based on an individual game, but successes include Konsa, Bowen, Mainoo, Gordon and even Gomez. Those who were poor include Dunk, McGuire, Chilwell, Gallagher.

Toney and Watkins were neutral for me.

It's amazing how much this thread has been commented on since his England debut. Maybe because he just gets on with it every week, very rarely screws up and is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. If he played for one of the wankfest teams they'd be creaming in their pants every week about him.
Not sure if Stones could play on the left side central defence but him and Konsa would be my choice for the Euros

It's amazing how much this thread has been commented on since his England debut. Maybe because he just gets on with it every week, very rarely screws up and is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. If he played for one of the wankfest teams they'd be creaming in their pants every week about him.
Not sure if Stones could play on the left side central defence but him and Konsa would be my choice for the Euros
Yep, that's the pairing I'd like to have seen at CB last night (obviously wouldnt have lasted long with Stones injury). He's not a natural right back, yes he can cover there, but will be pushed out as soon as the likes of Walker, Trippier, James and Trent are fit again.

As a non-England fan it was great to see Ezri play at Intl' level. Just solidifies what a player he is and annoyingly he just won't get that recognition playing for us. At least not until we are confirmed in the Champs Lge.

It's not even just the English lads, its criminal Dougie hasn't played more for Brazil. He is in the Top 3 CMs in the league, no question.

As someone who's often (always) questioned the decision to play him at right back I thought he was easily MOTM today. Superb!

As someone who's often (always) questioned the decision to play him at right back I thought he was easily MOTM today. Superb!
There isn't really anyone else to play there at the moment, to be fair. Especially considering the importance of the remaining games.

But today was definitely a masterclass, and probably one of his best performances anywhere across the back four.

His goal was a sign of his massively boosted confidence - even a few weeks back, he would have been nowhere near the penalty area to make it onto Diaby's pass.

A class act. Love this guy.

One thing that I don’t like is when he buys a foul, falls and grabs the ball. Got him booked in Europe and ultimately sent off. He’s suspended for the Lille fixtures and Matty Cash is injured. Just wish he’d stop doing that, it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Last edited:
One think that I don’t like is when he buys a foul, falls and grabs the ball. Got him booked in Europe and ultimately sent off. He’s suspended for the Lille fixtures and Matty Cash is injured. Just wish he’d stop doing that, it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Are we sure he's suspected for Lille? He missed the Ajax home tie.