Sunderland u21s v Lincoln u21s | Vital Football

Sunderland u21s v Lincoln u21s

The lack of information on our junior sides games is appalling at times. Other clubs’ media departments put ours to shame.

Does the club really think that supporters have no interest in anything apart from the first team? And ex players birthdays?

The lack of information on our junior sides games is appalling at times. Other clubs’ media departments put ours to shame.

Does the club really think that supporters have no interest in anything apart from the first team? And ex players birthdays?
Erm, the Lincoln City Academy have its own account on X (Twitter) and Facebook, where you can often find regular updates of team news, etc. I actually think you're being far too harsh here, especially with "Other clubs' media departments put ours to shame", which frankly, is rubbish.

Erm, the Lincoln City Academy have its own account on X (Twitter) and Facebook, where you can often find regular updates of team news, etc. I actually think you're being far too harsh here, especially with "Other clubs' media departments put ours to shame", which frankly, is rubbish.

Agreed Jules - more than a little harsh Mike.

Thanks for this. I must admit I was unaware of this account.

The academy is active on Facebook too and regularly posts lineups, including the shadow scholars.

Donnery doesn't appear to have played recently (not sure about Sunderland game as was u21 as opposed to u18), so assume he now has left? Seemed to come back

The academy is active on Facebook too and regularly posts lineups, including the shadow scholars.

Donnery doesn't appear to have played recently (not sure about Sunderland game as was u21 as opposed to u18), so assume he now has left? Seemed to come back
FYI

Posted on another thread on Monday

Just seen Mr Donnery has been signed by San Jose Earthquakes second team "The Town" who will take part in the MLS Next Pro League https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Town_FC

I wasn't particularly referring to the Academy teams Jules, although I agree that my use of "junior teams" inferred that.

I am really talking about the other games played by what would have been in the olden days the "reserve" team. We still do not know what our U21 team was against Sunderland, and I seem to recall another game a month or two against Derby (?) where all the info came from the Derby website. Just like the info on the U21 game came from Sunderland.

In fact I had no idea we even had a U21 team.

I just think that with the multiple posts on Twitter about ex-player's birthdays and other history related anniversaries, that the media guy should at least keep us updated with things like the Sunderland U21 game.

I follow the First Team, U18's/Academy and Women's sides across social media and it's always informative and well updated.

I wasn't particularly referring to the Academy teams Jules, although I agree that my use of "junior teams" inferred that.

I am really talking about the other games played by what would have been in the olden days the "reserve" team. We still do not know what our U21 team was against Sunderland, and I seem to recall another game a month or two against Derby (?) where all the info came from the Derby website. Just like the info on the U21 game came from Sunderland.

I just think that with the multiple posts on Twitter about ex-player's birthdays and other history related anniversaries, that the media guy should at least keep us updated with things like the Sunderland U21 game.
Surely they can put the details of the U21’s etc on the OS, for those that don’t go on X or Facebook. What is the problem of doing that?
Perhaps take a step back and look at it from a different angle. Have you ever thought that the football department don't want to draw attention to trialists and/or injured players making their return?

For those of us not on Facebook or X, can all the Reserve and Academy news not be put on the Club's main website ? Those of us of a certain age are not all social media aficionados.