Alex Mitchell | Vital Football

Alex Mitchell

Let’s hope it’s more than just talk because we have seen how valuable Alex has been since getting into the team. He would be a great acquisition to the squad, it’s whether we can offer enough to buy out the year left on his contract and whether he sees Lincolnshire as his chosen path rather than Bermondsey or elsewhere.

Sign on the dotted line and become an Imp for good Alex, this loco looks like it is gathering steam!

No doubt he is a solid defender and never lets the side down. I get he’s a fans favourite and a character. For me and I know I’ll get shot down for it he’s not in our best 3 CBs, his football (mainly passing) really lets his defensive game down. Of course I’d be delighted if he signed for us I think he’s a super reliable defender but personally I wouldn’t pay money for him I genuinely think we could get him on a free as I honestly don’t think he’s close to championship levels.

No doubt he is a solid defender and never lets the side down. I get he’s a fans favourite and a character. For me and I know I’ll get shot down for it he’s not in our best 3 CBs, his football (mainly passing) really lets his defensive game down. Of course I’d be delighted if he signed for us I think he’s a super reliable defender but personally I wouldn’t pay money for him I genuinely think we could get him on a free as I honestly don’t think he’s close to championship levels.
He's our quickest centre back, covers well, strong as an ox and has battling fearlessness. I would say that if you are playing Roughan on the left and one of Jackson/O'Connor he is one of our important three. I wouldn't ideally want to play O'C and Jacko together due to the pace issue.

Mitchell's passing appears to have picked up judging by some of his diagonals recently, and if he can add that consistently he would be a favourable addition; with due acknowledgement to your caveat about cost.

Last edited:
I'd love him to sign permanently but I do fear he is the kind of central defender Neil Harris likes so would want him around their first team come August

I have been very impressed with him. Not sure what the diff would be between his Millwall salary and what we’d pay him but I’d hope we’d go all out to sign him. Future captain in my humble opinion

Bang Bang, I shot you down!

Worth a quick listen, he makes it sound as if there is special bond across the squad at the moment. Some well thought answers from Alex and a decent sense of humour.
He did an "Ask Alex" Q&A recently on You Tube- he does sound like he has a very dry sense of humour. I'd take him in our defence next season without a doubt,

When you've got a '6' as good as Erhahon, I don't think the ball playing CB is as important.

If Montsma was available, he'd love this side and striding out of defence into midfield. It's right up his street.