The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

Great to see him back in training but not sure Unai will throw him straight back into the starting line up on Saturday. He seems to have been quite cautious recently with players returning from injury, so I'd guess Spurs would be the earliest we're likely to see him playing

Really not used to triple pieces of good news on the injury front. What’s going on?! As well as promising signs for Konsa and Torres, Duran is back in group training as well according to John Townley of brum live. As we head into the run in, the more bodies the better!

Duran's return is a massive bonus..........if they've suddenly started awarding extra points for chopping down the opposition like trees. :silly:

Let's face it, he deserves to be there. Thought he did a good job today, We all know Konsa is as good if not better than the likes of Maguire etc, but try and tell that to the powers that be. There are a few players in that England team that shouldn't be there, but neither should the manager in my opinion.

Last edited:
I thought he did well. Hopefully a start in the week. I thought he locked down the right side after Walker got run ragged by Vini Jr.

With the Palace guy injured for most of the run in and Dunk surely done for after his disaster cameo there is a huge opportunity for Ezri to nail down his squad place over the next couple of months.

I thought he did well. Hopefully a start in the week. I thought he locked down the right side after Walker got run ragged by Vini Jr.

With the Palace guy injured for most of the run in and Dunk surely done for after his disaster cameo there is a huge opportunity for Ezri to nail down his squad place over the next couple of months.
Until Ben White decides he wants a game of course. We know Ez is better than White but he doesn't play for a Sky club

Ezri is a different player to any of the right back options, and that’s before we even talk about his best position which is centre back. I don’t see the point in taking 3 similar right backs. On his day, Ezri can take any player in the world out of the game if he’s on it, it’s that old school defending mentality of marking a player out of the game. But I also think he reads the game better than anyone I’ve seen in a long time, it’s not a coincidence that he ends up making a good last ditch tackle because he set off a second quicker (or four seconds versus Macgire) than another defender.

He should absolutely be on that plane for versatility, but I doubt he will be.

As a general statement, I would Iike to see England start to build a side containing the likes of Konsa, Braithwaite, Mainoo and obviously Bellingham and do away with the current losers Macguire, Chilwell, Hendo, & Philips.