The Official Morecambe Match Thread (Sponsored by a returning Josh Andrews "for all your playoff desperation needs") | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Official Morecambe Match Thread (Sponsored by a returning Josh Andrews "for all your playoff desperation needs")

Trev,

All joking aside mate you should be supporter of the year the miles and commitment to the cause surpass anyone I know.

Take a bow sir šŸŽ©
Thanks a lot! Albeit Iā€™m ā€˜fortunateā€™ to have the current personal, work and family circumstances. I feel itā€™s less of a commitment than others who travel up most weeks.

Particularly in 2023 when we were taking hundreds everywhere and they thought nothing of paying Ā£120 in train and match tickets every fortnight!

There are real heroes who donā€™t even bat an eyelid to doing Barrow away on a Tuesday night etc. Fuck that šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
I wonder what Holy thought of that decision. ;)
I'll have to watch it back

Got it all messed up with timezone changes and ended up seeing the first 30 mins while waiting to board.

Landed 3 hours later and looked up the result first chance. Fantastic to see 3 goals and 3 points.

Seen the goals and 3 howlers from their keeper, but that's what happens when you get the ball into the box and when you shoot

UTG!

Good lord indeed! I kept on getting frustrated with us, from the hoofing in gale-force winds to the static midfield. I felt today we got a win despite that midfield, which is weird considering two of them scored.

Will I take the win? Absolutely.

Iā€™m warming to Morecambe. There are some wonderful buildings, from grand hotels to stonework and art-deco. It just desperately needs a lick of paint and some life given to it.

View attachment 72287

View attachment 72288

View attachment 72289

View attachment 72290

View attachment 72291

View attachment 72292

View attachment 72293

View attachment 72294
Good to see Steptoe is alive and well up there!
Nice touch thanking our fans for their support. So pleased for them getting some return for their amazing loyalty . Well done one and all!

Agree - PS promised he would only sell to safe hands, he did a great job finding them
Do me a favour. Brad Galinson called him. He already said he basically cold called him. Scally didnt find him at all. We got lucky that at a point where Scally finally accepted he was ready to sell he took a call from someone like the Galinsonā€™s. Thank fck he did we were on our way to oblivion under Scally late 2022 (I still appreciate 27 years before that what he did by the way).

Do me a favour. Brad Galinson called him. He already said he basically cold called him. Scally didnt find him at all. We got lucky that at a point where Scally finally accepted he was ready to sell he took a call from someone like the Galinsonā€™s. Thank fck he did we were on our way to oblivion under Scally late 2022 (I still appreciate 27 years before that what he did by the way).
Ok , PS did a great job saying ā€œyesā€. Not a word which came easily to him sometimes.,

Take that win every day.

Gotta take a peek at this Morecambe fans vLog. Listen out for the cheese references and count the number of ā€œbloody ā€˜elā€ comments šŸ˜‚

Enjoyable watch. Good job for him it wasnā€™t Christmas, heā€™d been thrown out the ground.

PS had dozens of "cold callers" over the years, all of which fell by the wayside

To still have a saleable club after covid was amazing management, especially with Paul's health issues

As I said to Brad and Shannon, I will judge their success after 5 years, which they agreed was fair.

we've been saying that we were due some luck. Well we got that with some questionable goal keeping.

On the assumption that we win a few of our games then Crawley v Barrow could be quite a deciding game. Who we want to win might depend on whether we can beat Barrow. Two trips to the SE in a few days won't be easy for them. As we found out with Salford/Barrow in quick succession.

Still all the "ifs and buts" mean little if we don't win our games.

I am beginning to wonder if a Barrow V Gillingham playoff final has a nice ring to it - although if we lose then I might need to bring retirement forward.