Good Morning Thread | Page 890 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Its an advert WW .. staged of coarse but dont knock it as they are the only company nowadays that get you travel cover once u get past 65 ... so many questions and pot holes but in the end u get cover whilst all the mainstream brands are not interested as soon as u tell them you havent cut your toenails

remains to be seen if they are there when u need to claim .. I took out AxA for a recent Eurotunnel and they were cr*p when it came to claim for delay (which my policy covered) ... I got £13 for a family of 4 ... I asked for their bank details and sent it back as an insult and as no doubt my premiums would have doubled the next time I may use them.
Hello mate . I knew it was an advert Sid , it’s just an insult to whoever takes it all in .
There is so much in this world that gets to me lately , I should just shut up really .

I wouldn’t be surprised if your premium does double any way , regardless. It’s the way of the world .

I booked a cruise with Cunard a while ago , paid a deposit of £375 , then got into a dispute with them over their offer of upgrading , lost my patience , and told them to cancel it .
I asked for my deposit back , which they agreed to , but charged me £374-50 for administrative charges ! I still have never received the 50 p they owe me .

They still continue to send me their latest offers though .

Hello mate . I knew it was an advert Sid , it’s just an insult to whoever takes it all in .
There is so much in this world that gets to me lately , I should just shut up really .

I wouldn’t be surprised if your premium does double any way , regardless. It’s the way of the world .

I booked a cruise with Cunard a while ago , paid a deposit of £375 , then got into a dispute with them over their offer of upgrading , lost my patience , and told them to cancel it .
I asked for my deposit back , which they agreed to , but charged me £374-50 for administrative charges ! I still have never received the 50 p they owe me .

I get what you mean about what gets to you Walt, I'm the same, frustrates the hell out of me. We're told today that the police are now investigating the Tory donor who made a comment about Diane Abbott five years ago for which he has apologised. What a complete waste of police time and might mean a serious crime goes uninvestigated. I absolutely get what he meant with his comment though, how she ever got to be an MP is beyond me but seems to be commonplace now if the standard of many MP's is anything to go by!

Afternoon all
On continuing health reports, I was up the Shankill today for my Glaucoma review, my pressures are still on the high side at 18 and 14, so being put on even more drops, but they're considering either laser or other surgery to stop it progressing, feck I was thinking I was, doing OK as at one time the pressure was 26.
Anyways, was panicking every time they called my name, it ain't exactly neutral. 🥴🫣

Cun*sard more like it - get the banners out - shame on em.

No you shouldn't, Walt. I think it's healthier to let our frustrations out rather than shutting up. If all we can do is give up a verbal serve, let's do it.

No you shouldn't, Walt. I think it's healthier to let our frustrations out rather than shutting up. If all we can do is give up a verbal serve, let's do it.
My “problem” Geof is that I refuse to do any of the worldwide unsocial media sites .

I absolutely refuse to give my thoughts , share any thing , to people I don’t know .
My only outlet to the outside world is on here .
A good mate of mine , many years ago , was trying to find a school friend . His Son said to him to put something on Facebook.

He said he didn’t use if and had no idea how it worked , so his son said he would do it for him .

A day later , he told me he now had 11,300 friends he didn’t know and never did locate the one friend he was trying to find .

In the circle of people that go to the pub on a Friday afternoon , there is one bloke who has his world out there .
As soon as he walks into the Pub , everyone on his phone gets an alert ,…. “Alan has entered the pub “. I find that ridiculous , but he likes it .

Recently , our wives were away for a few days , so we met in there on Wednesday . He was bombarded with messages from people asking why he was in the pub on a Wednesday …Was something wrong ?

Even though everyone knew his wife had gone away , because that was plastered all over the unsocial media for days previously.

I couldn’t live my life like that .

So while I really enjoy the banter and everything else on here , and I like the restrictive nature of what we post , we don’t really change the world , do we .

Banging on about VAR doesn’t get us anywhere , sadly .
I would love to be able to reach out and really make a change , but that is never going to happen .
Offside is offside , why a linesman doesn’t indicate to the ref that a player is offside anymore will never be explained , or the process changed , by what we say on here.

People’s opinions, humour , banter , thought processes, plans , lifestyles , troubles are all very important , and it is great to discuss them on here , and it’s why I try to make light of it .

That’s what I meant when I said I should shut up really when discussing things that I will never change .

I love making fun of the Woke Brigade , having some nameless , faceless person telling me I can’t call somebody or thing what they clearly are , will always stir me into a discussion.

So I will never shut up , and it’s good to let it out , and the one thing I would love to have on my gravestone would be ,…………

Here Lies Walt .
He Made A Difference .

But I don’t think that would be true .

Ain’t going to give up trying though . :blah: :wahey::wahey::wahey:

My “problem” Geof is that I refuse to do any of the worldwide unsocial media sites .

I absolutely refuse to give my thoughts , share any thing , to people I don’t know .
A good mate of mine , many years ago , was trying to find a school friend . His Son said to him to put something on Facebook.

He said he didn’t use if and had no idea how it worked , so his son said he would do it for him .

A day later , he told me he now had 11,300 friends he didn’t know and never did locate the one friend he was trying to find .

In the circle of people that go to the pub on a Friday afternoon , there is one bloke who has his world out there .
As soon as he walks into the Pub , everyone on his phone gets an alert ,…. “Alan has entered the pub “. I find that ridiculous , but he likes it .

Recently , our wives were away for a few days , so we met in there on Wednesday . He was bombarded with messages from people asking why he was in the pub on a Wednesday …Was something wrong ?

Even though everyone knew his wife had gone away , because that was plastered all over the unsocial media for days previously.

So while I really enjoy the banter and everything else on here , and I like the restrictive nature of what we post , we don’t really change the world , do we .

I would love to be able to reach out and really make a change , but that is never going to happen .
Offside is offside , why a linesman doesn’t indicate to the ref that a player is offside anymore will never be explained , or the process changed , by what we say on here.

People’s opinions, humour , banter , thought processes, plans , lifestyles , troubles are all very important , and it is great to discuss them on here , and it’s why I try to make light of it .

That’s what I meant when I said I should shut up really when discussing things that I will never change .

I love making fun of the Woke Brigade , having some nameless , faceless person telling me I can’t call somebody or thing what they clearly are , will always stir me into a discussion.

So I will never shut up , and it’s good to let it out , and the one thing I would love to have on my gravestone would be ,…………

Here Lies Walt .
He Made A Difference .

Love that, Walt. I agree with all of it. I said before that this is the only social site I engage with because it seems to me that most of the other social sites are far from social, or for people who have too much time and just want to confirm their existance.

I am still on F/B but I found that photos of what people are having for breakfast/dinner/tea, and endless grinning selfies, became too much to handle and so have not used it for 3 or 4 years.

Same with mobile phones, I have one but nobody calls me on it because they know I won't answer and only use it in emergencies. It never goes out with me and I only use my landline at home.

I pretty much became a hermit when I retired. You could say I took the initiative and self-isolated before it became a thing!! :yes:

Love that, Walt. I agree with all of it. I said before that this is the only social site I engage with because it seems to me that most of the other social sites are far from social, or for people who have too much time and just want to confirm their existance.

I am still on F/B but I found that photos of what people are having for breakfast/dinner/tea, and endless grinning selfies, became too much to handle and so have not used it for 3 or 4 years.

Same with mobile phones, I have one but nobody calls me on it because they know I won't answer and only use it in emergencies. It never goes out with me and I only use my landline at home.

I pretty much became a hermit when I retired. You could say I took the initiative and self-isolated before it became a thing!! :yes:
So weird , when I was at school and being prepared to be booted out into the nightmare called the outside world , we were interviewed by our Science teacher , who was the closest we ever came to a person who actually cared what we were planning to do with our lives .

He asked me what my ambitions were and I told him I wanted to be a Hermit .

It seemed to be a great vocation .

I did join Facebook back in the early days and it was great for keeping up with my large family which is now scattered throughout England. I deleted my account a couple of years ago when I started receiving messages and friend requests from people I didn't know or had spoofed someone else's account. I also became annoyed about the amount of intrusion by the site tracking which seemed to know pretty much everything I was doing and which sites I was visiting online.

The original concept was great but as is the case now corporate greed took over.

Here Lies Walt .
He Made A Difference .

The only bit I slightly disagree with is posting football opinions on football forums. I've always believed that people in the game may read them outside of the core of fans that post them. I remember chatting to Brian Woolnough and other media folks on planes to England away matches. Brian spent time chatting to fans and getting their opinions. Then when he wrote his articles or hosted Sunday Supplement he would have these rounded and informed opinions. I'm certain that football forums operate as a source of data for the smarter people in football. Saying that I doubt FIFA / UEFA etc have the intelligence to use an amazing source of data available to them. They have their heads too far up their own arses to value a fans opinion.

I did join Facebook back in the early days and it was great for keeping up with my large family which is now scattered throughout England. I deleted my account a couple of years ago when I started receiving messages and friend requests from people I didn't know or had spoofed someone else's account. I also became annoyed about the amount of intrusion by the site tracking which seemed to know pretty much everything I was doing and which sites I was visiting online.

The original concept was great but as is the case now corporate greed took over.

I had just given up on FB until I joined a musicians community where I live. I was about to delete my account and never posted anything for years. Then I realised that FB used in the right way is very powerful. I find out who is playing where on any given weekend. I'm in a private community where we even discuss which songs and which musicians are going to be played at the Open Mic. It's actually FB that is the glue holding the community together.

I had just given up on FB until I joined a musicians community where I live. I was about to delete my account and never posted anything for years. Then I realised that FB used in the right way is very powerful. I find out who is playing where on any given weekend. I'm in a private community where we even discuss which songs and which musicians are going to be played at the Open Mic. It's actually FB that is the glue holding the community together.
I would imagine that for closed relationships / groups , it would work well.

The problem lies in keeping it ‘closed ‘ .

I hate the thought of having any part of my life on the open web .

We were our recently , watching a group , with friends , and had a great night .

We were told later that it was unusual for us to be in a pub so far from home .
It turned out that we had been filmed , as part of the audience enjoying themselves , and the person who video’d the evening put it on Facebook .We have no idea who it was , a total stranger , just randomly filming .

Friends who knew of my aversion to unsocial Media thought it hilarious .

Any how , do you truly think “football people “ read our pages , Mutters ?
That would be awesome .
Brian Woolnough was a great sports journalist .

Afternoon all
On continuing health reports, I was up the Shankill today for my Glaucoma review, my pressures are still on the high side at 18 and 14, so being put on even more drops, but they're considering either laser or other surgery to stop it progressing, feck I was thinking I was, doing OK as at one time the pressure was 26.
Anyways, was panicking every time they called my name, it ain't exactly neutral. 🥴🫣
Lol Niall, we started out as a family in Woodvale at the top of the Shankill, and my folks called my older brother Brendan. We had moved to a mixed area before the troubles kicked in, luckily for him.

Morning folks, fellow Yids, hows it anging? good I hope!

We ave this yellow thingy outside, think its called a Sun lol!

I see there is talk and aversions to Social Media, predominately FB.

Well I do take a look at FB, never post anything, ok maybe argue and have banter wiv a Wham fan oppo, somebody has to I suppose, of mine, the main thing I say to him is "mind the step" lol!

The other things I read are....
Mrs PY's VET charity pages
Spurs FB pages and some of the haters of certain players who write on there, the hated players at the mo are Werner, Jonny n Richy.

The DOG rescue centres pages.

Military humour pages.

Don't take notice of anything else mainly cos of the Tripe that gets written, that includes the troll fcuk pieces lol!

Have good day folks, fellow Yids.

Morning all,
Re all this, social media stuff, I am on face book, I don't really post, much like Mutters it's to see gigs and if our gig has been listed, as there's nowt worse than playing to an empty pub because some numpty forgot to advertise.
As Walt said there is a list of people there I've never heard of wanting to be friends (no thanks), I can't be, arsed with half the friends I do have.
I recently posted a comment on U Tube, re a song by Vince Gill only to have' Vince 'Reply don't think it was him as on close inspection the Web name wasn't right, there, are some sad wan#ers, with empty lives out there.
So like many I just stick to this, and a very close What app group.
Any ways, now practicing for a Wedding Ceremony next month, an old Chum is getting married and wants us to do the music at the ceremony, as it happeneds of course the 6 songs he wants arent on our gig list, so that'll be a few day work learning those.
Unfortunately that very same evening we're doing a 75th Birthday for another chum, he used to be an Elvis impersonator, fek he was crap, but great craic, so we've 5 songs to do with him, They'll certainly be glad Elvis is dead after they hear him, and we'll be lucky to get away with 5 songs, he one of those once you get him up you can't get him back down.
Anyways keeps me busy.
Currently looking at ways to improve my Glaucoma chances, vitimins, supplements etc..
Stay safe folks.

The influencers are all over the net advising us to have more kids. In the meantime there's far too many people to navigate through life as it is. Queues, long waiting times, no parking spaces & to compound matters even further a generation of people with a sense of self entitlement that is truly staggering. Cost of living crisis, no housing, no infrastructure & better still, no leadership. You know what i say. The influencers can all go to hell.

Said earlier about a Yellow thing, well it looks "Black over Uncle Bills" and as I say that Hail, yes Hail is a falling....only bloody England lol!