Portsmouth at home and Play off Dates | Page 2 | Vital Football

Portsmouth at home and Play off Dates

No it wouldn't, winning the game secures semi final gate receipts plus possibly Wembley gate receipts.

Maximising home support would be a no brainer.
Slightly different scenario at Posh but many similarities regarding the revenue dilemma.
Ferguson says he's not happy about having 4000 Pompey there. Maybe a manager's excuse, but he has also argued that Posh home support has helped them to a win after some previous home games.

Unusually their commercial manager publicly defended the decision a day later saying the club couldn't have afforded to turn down about £40,000 in extra revenue. Also having a dig at the apathy of Posh support as they couldn't fill the end in question with home fans.

It is not really a revenue factor as - the way things are currently going - the seats will be sold either way.
The only difference would be in segregation (half a block between fans loss of apprx170seats) v no segregation (all Portsmouth).

Our first priority for home games really should be to imps fans who want to watch the game. Even more so if we need a result to get into the playoffs.

The only issue with giving away seats to home fans is that we might find ourselves being treated in the same way when we want to take a large away following to one of these grounds.

We'll see how many people support the right of the home team to maximise their support when we're the victims!

We shouldn't change what has been standard all the season. If the away team can fill the Stacey West then that's it, if not then tickets could be sold to home fans. Imagine if we were in a position of winning the league and we were given limited tickets. I can't believe what i'm reading in some of these posts. All of a sudden were flying and some fans are getting ahead of themselves. How many times this season have we sold our full home allocation, none so there's no reason to suddenly take the higher ground.

We shouldn't change what has been standard all the season. If the away team can fill the Stacey West then that's it, if not then tickets could be sold to home fans. Imagine if we were in a position of winning the league and we were given limited tickets. I can't believe what i'm reading in some of these posts. All of a sudden were flying and some fans are getting ahead of themselves. How many times this season have we sold our full home allocation, none so there's no reason to suddenly take the higher ground.
Bolton must've been one because they opened the buy-back scheme.

The only issue with giving away seats to home fans is that we might find ourselves being treated in the same way when we want to take a large away following to one of these grounds.

We'll see how many people support the right of the home team to maximise their support when we're the victims!

I don't think they would consider anybody else's viewpoint apart from their own clubs.....and rightly so.

I really dont give a tinkers cuss if we don't give Portsmouth the whole of the Stacy West and stop them having their jolly day out as possible Champions. We are not here to please them, we are here to do what's best for us as a club and to what's right for our own fans.

There's still a bit of time anyway but there are a number of scenarios possible and none of them would include what Portsmouth want.

1- if we are cemented in the playoffs, give them the whole end. It will give us the income without impacting at all on gate receipts.

2- if its a game we need points from to get in the playoffs give the them the minimum we have to and open up the rest of the end to home fans. Yes that could cost you,... I don't know,... say 10 grand or so in lost revenue through segregation and stewarding but we would need as many home fans in as possible on that day.

Still a fair way to go with many more possible twists and turns but the last thing we should be thinking about is hurting the feelings of opposition clubs and their fans because we have cut their allocation down.

What they or any other club might or might not do in the future is irrelevant, we have to live in the moment and do what's best for us if we get to that situation.

I don't particularly care about the away fans, if there are three points on the line and securing them means we reach the play offs then I would want as few away fans there as possible.

Do you collect half and half scarves by any chance?

The upper tier of the GBM stand is almost sold out for Good Friday already, only seats available in upper 1.
Playoff fever

The atmosphere is always better in the whole stadium when we have 2k away support.
Why try to change that ?

If we are going into the last game of the season with a play off chance, then there's no question there'll be plenty of atmosphere from both sets of fans.

You never know we might even be able to drown out that bloody Pompey bell ringer

The allocation of accomodation for away fans is covered by EFL rule 35.3.1

"Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. ..."

Slightly different scenario at Posh but many similarities regarding the revenue dilemma.
Ferguson says he's not happy about having 4000 Pompey there. Maybe a manager's excuse, but he has also argued that Posh home support has helped them to a win after some previous home games.

Unusually their commercial manager publicly defended the decision a day later saying the club couldn't have afforded to turn down about £40,000 in extra revenue. Also having a dig at the apathy of Posh support as they couldn't fill the end in question with home fans.
If P**h turned out for other games, I’d have more sympathy.

I don't think they would consider anybody else's viewpoint apart from their own clubs.....and rightly so.

I really dont give a tinkers cuss if we don't give Portsmouth the whole of the Stacy West and stop them having their jolly day out as possible Champions. We are not here to please them, we are here to do what's best for us as a club and to what's right for our own fans.

There's still a bit of time anyway but there are a number of scenarios possible and none of them would include what Portsmouth want.

1- if we are cemented in the playoffs, give them the whole end. It will give us the income without impacting at all on gate receipts.

2- if its a game we need points from to get in the playoffs give the them the minimum we have to and open up the rest of the end to home fans. Yes that could cost you,... I don't know,... say 10 grand or so in lost revenue through segregation and stewarding but we would need as many home fans in as possible on that day.

Still a fair way to go with many more possible twists and turns but the last thing we should be thinking about is hurting the feelings of opposition clubs and their fans because we have cut their allocation down.

What they or any other club might or might not do in the future is irrelevant, we have to live in the moment and do what's best for us if we get to that situation.
I agree with what you say. However we have to sell our tickets and put them on sale a reasonable time in advance of the game. I expect Portsmouth will sell there full quota of tickets for the game. I don't know the full capacity of the Stacey West stand but it would be more prudent economically to sell the tickets to the Portsmouth fans, as we only know to well in football that we may fall short of the play offs before the final set of matches and then we would'nt sell as many tickets for that match.

In my opinion we have better atmospheres (and performances on the pitch) when the Stacey West is packed out with away fans.