Starting XI vs Morecambe | Vital Football

Starting XI vs Morecambe

The Holy Spirit

Vital Squad Member
Noticed nobody had done this in Chris' absence so thought I'd make the post

Not sure how he sets up the poll so just post your predicted lineup below. Any posts after 13.30 tomorrow don't count.

Mine is

Morris
Hutton Ehmer Ogie Clark
Coleman Dieng
Mahoney Lapslie J.Williams
Hawkins

No prediction for me, but if Andrews has trained well all week, I'd start him and take him off when he tires rather than bring him on later. Him and Hawkins up front with Williams behind creating, two good wing backs getting balls into the box. Tough day for a centre back.

For that reason I'd go back to 3 CBs.

Besides, Morecambe have been leaking goals lately.

No prediction for me, but if Andrews has trained well all week, I'd start him and take him off when he tires rather than bring him on later.

Obviously have to trust the medical staff as to what would be wise. Even if he’s fully recovered he’s going to be nowhere near match fit so 20 mins at the end would be the absolute most I would expect.

Noticed nobody had done this in Chris' absence so thought I'd make the post

Not sure how he sets up the poll so just post your predicted lineup below. Any posts after 13.30 tomorrow don't count.

Mine is

Morris
Hutton Ehmer Ogie Clark
Coleman Dieng
Hawkins
Thanks mate .Just hopefully need a few more days.
I'm going with
Morris
Masterson Ehmer Ogie
Hutton Coleman Dieng M Clark
Lapslie J Williams
Hawkins

Interesting to see many thinking we'll be changing back to a back 5

Feeling oddly optimistic about tomorrow but maybe that's just because I've had a week off Gills, football and referees. Flight tomorrow is set to land during half time so expect to see us 2 up (both penalties) and Morecambe down to 10 men, when I fire up ifollow while waiting for the luggage.

Assuming no other injuries & nobody of importance is under the weather:

Morris
Hutton, Ehmer, Ogie, Clark
Williams J, Coleman, McKenzie, Mahoney
Lapslie
Hawkins

4 4 1 1

But I wouldn't be surprised if we revert to a back 5.

Dieng has been under par last couple of games & should come under pressure from McKenzie.

I'm surprised that some of you haven't put Mahoney in the team, although the greater majority of you have. I think he's the most exciting and skilful player we have. Even if we're struggling he's the only one capable of dribbling around a couple of defenders and scoring out of the nowhere.

Turner

Hutton Ehmer Masterson Clark

Coleman Ogie

Mahoney J Williams Lapslie

Hawkins

Hedging my bets. That’s set up as a 4-2-3-1 (451). But same personnel could play 352/532, 4411 or even 442 with Lapslie or Mahoney alongside Hawkins.

At a quick glance, I don't think there were any with 11/11

A few 10/11 with Coleman and Mckenzie or Coleman and Dieng, instead of the unchanged Mckenzie and Dieng who start

Correct lineup is
Morris
Hutton Ehmer Ogie Clark
Mckenzie Dieng
Hawkins

Masterson and Coleman return to the bench and Andrews is in the squad for the first time

At a quick glance, I don't think there were any with 11/11

A few 10/11 with Coleman and Mckenzie or Coleman and Dieng, instead of the unchanged Mckenzie and Dieng who start

Correct lineup is
Morris
Hutton Ehmer Ogie Clark
Mckenzie Dieng
Hawkins

Masterson and Coleman return to the bench and Andrews is in the squad for the first time
Thanks for doing this.I will be fine now.I may have to step back from any debates for a while.But I can definitely do the honours with threads like this.