Well I want | Page 2 | Vital Football

Well I want

Maybe Clemence could bring in a hypnotist to convince the players all our remaining games are in the cup, against higher-division opponents. That should guarantee some decent performances.
I think Scally tried something similar after our defeat to Dover in the cup a few years back…

For 2 seasons now we’ve not been the stand out better team in any league game that I can think of. Even when we had the great 2nd half to last season, it was constantly eking out 1-0 and 2-1 wins. When was the last time we played a game where we were undoubtedly the better side and won comfortably? Even our wins always seem to be holding on, against the run of play, smash n grab, “could’ve lost that” type of games.

Each and every word of this.

Someone predicted Masterson to score tomorrow. Even though he's banned, I reckon that's as good a call as any other.

Second Gills game I ever saw was v Grimsby. A goalfest, 3 2, (Rackstraw x 2 and Gibbs). Scored 2 goals in the first half. Wonder what odds you'd get on that tomorrow. 😲

To know when we are going to give a team a right Tonking !!! If i remember I’m sure it was something like that what Clemball said to us at the fans forum meeting . Well we’ve only got 8 more games now Stephen 👍
Not sure if he meant a league side. Probably referring to a friendly against Dover, at the start of next season, when three of their players have been Red carded. That assumption based on the thought he’d still be with us. With regard this season, it’s not going to happen. 😎

It will have to be a tonking from set pieces then :cool:

We do need a bit of luck to be fair, we've had lots of shots at goal that were blocked bedore they troubled the keeper we are due a lucky deflection.
I agree about the luck thing, last Saturday against Tranmere they scored their goal in off the post. Wimbledon during the week, they scored their first goal in off the post, that never seems to happen to us. Can't think which game it was a while back where we hit the post, the ball rolled along the line and hit the other post and stayed out!

I agree about the luck thing, last Saturday against Tranmere they scored their goal in off the post. Wimbledon during the week, they scored their first goal in off the post, that never seems to happen to us. Can't think which game it was a while back where we hit the post, the ball rolled along the line and hit the other post and stayed out!
Cos we hardly ever shoot ffs, what do you expect?

Blocked shots outside the area hardly count btw

Last edited:
Was it Notts County away?

It's not going to happen. For all the stats I don't find myself getting up off my seat saying ooh, ahh, head in hands very often these days. I don't walk out of the ground saying their keepers played a blinder there, if it wasn't for the woodwork, linos flag.......

Edited to say apart from last Saturday's disallowed goal of course
I said ooh and aah a few times today!

To know when we are going to give a team a right Tonking !!! If i remember I’m sure it was something like that what Clemball said to us at the fans forum meeting . Well we’ve only got 8 more games now Stephen 👍
Exactly as I thought. Your hearing has deteriorated badly, he must have said a team would give us a right Tonking and they delivered that promise on April 1st. No joking. ☹️