The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (Sponsored by The Closest Away Day "for all your "At Least We'll be Home Early..." needs) | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official AFC Wimbledon Match Thread (Sponsored by The Closest Away Day "for all your "At Least We'll be Home Early..." needs)

I hate playing this lot. I don't mind a physical battle, we're historically good at that, but it's when you combine that with the sort of whingy, nasty, diving that comes with it, surrounding the ref, it makes them exceptionally unlikeable. We're getting absolutely nothing off this ref tonight, they can more or less do what they want to Hawkins and it's absolutely fine apparently.

Christ knows what went through Masterson's head in the last 5 minutes though.

At fault for the goal, 2 quick yellows and he’s off.

Plus, he’s the only fucker that scores for us at the mo too.

FFS Conor!

I don’t usually criticise referees but this one is a tool.
The two footed challenge that the player didn’t even go down ffs
Followed by a shirt pull, how many times has Hawkins had his shirt pulled tonight.

Had to mute the commentary a complete ****

I think that our bet is going to be a set piece.
I don’t really have any answers to the outfield play now.
Hardly playing the ball forward
Blow the whistle ref

Virtually two points a game required if we lose tonight. Aside from the four games at the start of the season we've not shown we're capable of that, it's fizzling out.

Just grim to watch in every way

Another awful first half with 0 threat

Masterson so poor for the goal and then getting himself sent off

Another shit referee

And to top it off, Wimbledon's antics are a disgrace to the game. Cheating, diving, crowding the referee, and getting Way with it

I’d get McKenzie on as he can go forward and defend. Probably for Dieng. Keep it at 0-1 and try and get a set piece or two to put them under pressure. Then, if it’s still 1-0 on 65, sacrifice Coleman for Lapslie or Walker. Although we’ve not been great, like most teams in this league they’re there for the taking. It’s just painful watching us not be good enough to take advantage.

Let’s face it, this squad is not good enough. Too many individuals, one good team performance every 4-5 games. It’s all about the summer recruitment - and Clemence needs to be braver.

I think that our bet is going to be a set piece.
I don’t really have any answers to the outfield play now.
Hardly playing the ball forward
Blow the whistle ref
I would pull Hawkins and give Walker a go for pace (not gonads and he doesn’t go nads), try and hit them on the break.